Home › Forums › Products › Stompboxes › Short Phrase Looping Techniques – Stompboxes › Reply To: Short Phrase Looping Techniques – Stompboxes
Unlike the delay-into-looper presets above, this one sets up the Looper algorithm as a highly configurable delay line, with forward / reverse delays and pitch / rate changes.
In an "empty" loop, select a maximum delay time in MAX-LENGTH (2.00 seconds here). Delay times less than this maximum can be trimmed after initial recording with the PLY-START and PLY-LENGTH controls.
Important: For the DECAY control to work correctly as delay feedback / regeneration, the Looper must be in Dub Mode (Record first to lock in the delay time, then switch to Dub).
Expression Pedal Heel: PLAYSPEED = 25
Expression Pedal Toe: PLAYSPEED = 200
With Dub Mode cycling:
* EXP PED shifts 2 OCT down, 1 OCT down, unison, and 1 OCT up & rate changes.
* PLAY switch shifts repeats forward to reverse (from current PLAYSPEED).
* DECAY fades out delays [0 = infinite feedback. 100 = single repeat.]
With Play mode cycling (hit Record switch):Show More...
* Current delay buffer contents are 'frozen' into infinite loop at current settings.
* Dry signal can continue over the top of the infinite loop.
* Hit Record switch again to revert back to the delay line configuration.