Home › Forums › Products › Stompboxes › Short Phrase Looping Techniques – Stompboxes › Reply To: Short Phrase Looping Techniques – Stompboxes
December 13, 2014 at 4:10 pm #137750
This preset sets up a playback sampler, with each of the 20 samples being a 1/4 note long. Of course, that can change to any number of samples at any length (in 1-beat increments, and within the limitations of the Looper algorithm).
First, configure the preset below, then hit Record to sample in your 20-beat phrase.
Expression Pedal Heel: PLY-START = 1.0 BEATS
Expression Pedal Toe: PLY-START = 20.0 BEATS
- After recording, hit Stop (optional with the AUTOPLAY set).
- Change the PLY-LENGTH knob setting from 20.0 BEATS to 1.0 BEAT.
- That can be done manually, in H9 Control, with an Aux switch, or over MIDI.
- Resume Playback (if Stopped), or continue to AP:LOOP.
- Use the Expression Pedal to select any 1/4 note sample from 1-20 for looping.
- Change PLAYMODE to ONCE for one-shot phrase triggers.
- The image below shows sample #4 looping, due to the current PLY-START position.