- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 incoming tap tempo issue Reply To: H9 incoming tap tempo issue

LA Keys
Participant

Let's clarify a few thing:

jaime136:

-according to this post: http://forum.tcelectronic.com/topic/11452/midi-clock/        the G-system will not broadcast MIDI clock.

That sucks, especially since p.75 of their manual say that it recognize AND transmit midi clock…

jaime136:

-I have assigned another unused switch on the GS to send the CC instead of the default "global tap" switch which, I suppose, only controls the G's effects.

-I used the settings LA Keys provided upstream

Humm, just want to make sure that you understand that my suggestion will only work if you can get a midi clock to the H9. The setup I've wrote will NOT work with a tap tempo sent via CC.

jaime136:

-I tried going directly from the GS to the H9 and still am not getting anything.

Well, that's the main problem. The GS doesn't not transmit midi clock but recognize it. The only way to work with midi clock is then to put it at the end of the chain. Having the "master" midi clock generated by the H9 or the Eleven Rack.

Why not using the H9 to set the tap tempo, then connect the midi out to transmit the clock to everything else?

jaime136:

-I have assigned another unused switch on the GS to send the CC instead of the default "global tap" switch which, I suppose, only controls the G's effects.

If you do this you will end up with half the tempo on the H9 because the GS will toggle the value between 0 and 127 for a switch press . If you want to try this you have to set the H9 with the same CC for the tap tempo as the CC you choosed on the GS. This is under "Assign midi CC message to pedal; function" -> "tap tempo" on th H9.

Then, because you're not, using midi clock you should probable set "enable midi clock input" to NO, but set "enable midi clock output" to yes, so the H9 will be able to broadcast the midi clock (if needed)

LA