- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Wish List Reply To: H9 Wish List

brock
Participant

lordradish:

I'd actually love to seema good,  responsive autowah/envelope,  that can get Mutron-like auto wah,.  The Q-wah settings are pretty useless,  I've yet to be able to get something that is responsive and similar to the classic bass envelope sound. 

"Responsive" might be the key here.  There's something unusual about the Envelope parameter sensitivity across the board.  I can hear the threshold transition points in pitch algorithms.  For a Mutron emulation, a pre-distortion helps (as would an inverted Envelope for the Drive Up & Down selections).

With the Q-Wah, I usually start with:

Q-INTENSITY  99

TYPE  BassWAH

DEPTH  50

SENSITIVITY  50

SHAPE  Envelope

BOTTOM  0

… and set the bottom row Modulation knobs to neutral settings.  But the Q-Wah is meant to be a wah simulator, with a voiced bandpass filter, and possibly inductor influences.  The BassWAH preserves the low end, for a sound that comes closer to a lowpass filter response.

You should be able to get even closer to a Mutron with the ModFilter algorithm [lowpass, bandpass, and highpass filter selections].  That hasn't been the case for me to date; the filters come across as a little weak.  I'll often resort to the Octaver algo in the PitchFactor, and shift up the 100% wet signal an octave higher with an H9.  Sounds great, but alas … largely monophonic.