- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Hotswitch/Performance Switch via MIDI (acting inconsistent?) Reply To: H9 Hotswitch/Performance Switch via MIDI (acting inconsistent?)

dented42ford
Participant

Thanks, Brock!  That post explains my difficulties!

By the way, to Eventide Staff – that is a ridiculously counterintuitive and absolutely unnecessarry system.  It really should be consistent accross all algos, since programming three seperate switches to do something that has no reason to be more than one is asinine at best.  I mean, don’t get me wrong, in general the H9 is amazingly well-thought-out in its MIDI implementation – far moreso than most other products of similar complexity – but this [nicely, as far as I could tell, undocumented] “feature” is basically useless as implemented…

Ok, enough ranting.  I’m going to go see if I can figure out how to send the correct messages via the RJM now.  Otherwise, I may have to give up on the “Hotswitch” settings – which is actually ok, since it works for the TimeFactor Algos, which is what I really wanted it for in any case, but still a-little-more-than-mildly annoying.