- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes can the h9 do a pre/post routing like the strymon mobius? Reply To: can the h9 do a pre/post routing like the strymon mobius?

GMGM1974
Participant

I updated the other night, and the pre/post seems to be well implemented for users with amps that have FX loops. But I’m not sure how to set it up for a pedalboard (sometimes I want the H9 in front of my overdrive pedal, sometimes I want it after). How am I supposed to hook that up?

Setting the pre/post routing option in the editor is easy enough, but I’m having trouble making sense of the wiring instructions.

From the updated user manual…

PRE – a mono signal sent to input 1 is routed through the effect to output 1, while input 2 is passed unchanged to output 2. If KillDry is set, output 2 will be muted. When Bypassed, output 1 will always be dry.

POST – a mono signal sent to input 2 is routed through the effect to output 2, while input 1 is passed unchanged to output 1. When Bypassed, if KillDry is set, output 2 will be muted. Output 1 will always be dry.

I’ve read it a dozen times, and I’m just not getting it. I run my pedalboard right into the amps input (no effects loop). I’d like to be able to use an overdrive pedal with the H9. They describe being able to run my overdrive before the H9’s reverb patch – OR – alternately being able to run the H9’s wah patch in front of the my overdrive. How the heck do I wire that up?

I don’t feel comfortable with just blindly tryingt different wiring combinations. Maybe if I stare at it long enough it’ll make sense. lol.