can the h9 do a pre/post routing like the strymon mobius?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes can the h9 do a pre/post routing like the strymon mobius?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 76 reply threads
  • Author
      rudomat

i guess you can´t have that kind of mono pre/post routing (four cable method), like on the strymon mobius, right? would be a greeeeaaaat feature!!!!

achaput

If enough people ask for it, we might just put it in a future release…

kdavies

+ 1 on adding that feature!!

rrinn

i want  that feature too!!!

i use H9 with other delay machine…

so,if H9 have that feature 

using chorus:

IN>>H9>>delay>>OUT

using reverb:

IN>>delay>>H9>>OUT

NMillroy
      Participant

+1 for enabling pre/post routing feature please!!

Picked up a H9 over xmas and it sounds fantastic!

MacOSatch

+1 for pre/post feature

gibbonesque
      Participant

Yes please. It's one of my favorite things about Mobius and it would be an awesome option for a unit with as many options as H9.

thatsrayor

+1 this would be a killer feature!

luchof26
      Participant

I didn't even knew this option existed. I want it too please!!!

+1

Styrioci

+1

tremayne007

Big +1 here!

Dalmanours
      Participant

It would be so great!!! +1 too 🙂

teabandito
      Participant

great idea! i am in 🙂

jarvis1227

+1 great idea. i'm currently using this feature on my mobius

eichelberger

+1 please!

hippietim

I loved this feature about my Mobius!

I would love to run a pair of H9's this way – have one H9 connected to an expression pedal and another connected to switches.  This would allow me to control things in a pretty flexible manner pre/post and avoid using a MIDI controller.

ROBLEISHMAN
      Participant

+1

andrewjudah
      Participant

+1

andrewjudah
      Participant

+1!

cbellanga

+1 !

rck
      Participant

+1 on pre/post, thanks for the updated features so far!

cormallen
      Participant

Yes please!

mwe
      Participant

+1  My Mobius goes up for sale as soon as this is available.

camilok
      Participant

Oh yes please. +1

chantysboy7

How many is enough? Seems like there's a lot of us who want this feature. I want to run some thing into the front of my amp and others into the effects loop. Please!

h9user
      Participant

Certainly +1

It would be awesome

starbuckna
      Participant

yes, please

boyce89976
      Participant

+1

XiXora

+1

richpjr

Another vote to add it

skywriter
      Participant

I bought a pair H9 pedal's for pre/post effects – sooooo nice! But once I want to add in some of my Moog pedals, it's back to rewiring again *sigh* but at that level of three effects the probability of rewiring goes straight up anyway…. unless I got a THIRD H9! no no no… It's the Moog I really wanted to use.:-)

brock
      Participant

Not to be contrarian here, but I don't see the same balance on this feature request here as I've seen on other forums.  I can understand the desire for pre-post from the majority (mono rig setups), but it's not a priority for those of us running stereo rigs.

As long as it didn't mess with the 'intelligent' plug detection routing, and it didn't take away R&D from other innovations, I'd be neutral on a pre-post function.

sean413

I too think a pre/post would make this unit a million times better

spaceJam

Yes please.

cello323
      Participant

+1

f.canc

Here is another +1!

I like stereo effects but pre/post routing would be a pretty nice addition to play on.

cbm
      Participant

FWIW, I would never use this feature. 

+1 For me!!! I maxed out and it'd e great to be able to do it, since I substituted my Mobius with the H9..

Alex_Checkman
      Participant

I also would love to see the feature available I am using H9 for modulation and looper. Modulation does not sound right in FXloop for me.

Alex_Checkman
      Participant

I also need tihs feature. So +1

mblanc
      Participant

+ 1(0000) 🙂

Acwild

Add another vote. 

jnorris
      Participant

I will definitely make the purchase if this feature is added.

fuzzmax

+1

I was thinking that a more innovative approcci on the subject could be having some sort of pan positioning of dry and wet signals, on a per preset basis.. This could lead to even more options, while preserving the original pre/post choice suggested here.. 

We could have, for example, an octave down before a distortion, and an octave up after, both mixed to the dry sound, and under control.. Or some filtering pre and some post..

I think no other fx unit allows doing this.. 

jezzbro

and another vote to add it.

Just recieved my H9 today.
      (and MAXed it 🙂 )
      Sounds so good. 🙂

datriani
      Participant

+1

GMGM1974
      Participant

+1

I just got an H9, and maxed it out – so I'm brand new to the club.(Greetings!)

Pre/post should have been a "no brainer" feature from the beginning of H9. I'd love for this to be assignable on a per-preset basis.

Currently, I am looking at building a flip-flopper switch so I can toggle positions to be either pre/post my overdrive sounds. But that is going to be a pain, and will take up space on my board.

GMGM1974
      Participant

+11111111111111111

I really hope ET will find a good way of implementing this soon, maybe taking some inspiration from these guys..

http://www.sourceaudio.net/blog/post/the-kingmaker-fuzz-l.a.-lady-overdrive-and-aftershock-bass-distortion-signa

now this kind of flexibility in the H9 would render it even more advanced in its capabilities.. 

datriani
      Participant

Has anyone bought a möbius in the meantime? I'm tempted to get one

chantysboy7

I've got one. It is amazing. The pre/post thing is legit. The auto swell on the H9 is better than the Strymon. However, I think the most of the Strymon effects sound "more real" than the H9.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Don't hold your breath, but the future may bring good things…

I had a Möbius, and sold it for a H9.. I only miss its pattern trem algo and pre/post function.. But I'm not into traditional modulation that much, and ring modulator and undulator on the H9 are my favorite.. 

sergicalhands
      Participant

+10 for pre/post! Love it on the Mobius!

spaceJam

I haven't tried the Mobius, but Harpeggiator has a lot of patterns.

Samp71

+1

metro6audio
      Participant

+1

+1!

panturnio

+1 for Pre/Post function.
      I’d live to use wah, phaser, and whammy algorithms in front of the amp and all the others in the fx loop.

zachhord

Yes Please! I can’t use any of the wah algs becuase wah behind od’s sounds terrible and Its so frustrating! 

barrington

Looks like lots of people want it – how many is enough for it to happen?

gkellum
      Participant

Looks like lots of people want it – how many is enough for it to happen?

It already crossed that threshold a while ago. Other people at Eventide have mentioned elsewhere on the forum that we are working on a pre/post feature, and barring any unexpected problems, it will be in the next H9 release, which will be coming out soon.

smdouris

That would be a game changer! Make this happen!

barrington

It already crossed that threshold a while ago. Other people at Eventide have mentioned elsewhere on the forum that we are working on a pre/post feature, and barring any unexpected problems, it will be in the next H9 release, which will be coming out soon.

Really good to hear. Loving my H9s

MacOSatch

Thanks! Great feature.

scruffypup

+1

Participant

Thanks!

That will be a very nice feature! 🙂

Participant

Thanks! It will be a really nice feature!

rlynch

this is almost mandatory and dont let strymon have the upper hand.This feature alone would push sales way up plus with the crusher coming has to happen. I need it to go from my FX loop or front of amp.

chrisnificent
      Participant

+1!!!

GMGM1974
      Participant

I updated the other night, and the pre/post seems to be well implemented for users with amps that have FX loops. But I’m not sure how to set it up for a pedalboard (sometimes I want the H9 in front of my overdrive pedal, sometimes I want it after). How am I supposed to hook that up?

Setting the pre/post routing option in the editor is easy enough, but I’m having trouble making sense of the wiring instructions.

From the updated user manual…

PRE – a mono signal sent to input 1 is routed through the effect to output 1, while input 2 is passed unchanged to output 2. If KillDry is set, output 2 will be muted. When Bypassed, output 1 will always be dry.

POST – a mono signal sent to input 2 is routed through the effect to output 2, while input 1 is passed unchanged to output 1. When Bypassed, if KillDry is set, output 2 will be muted. Output 1 will always be dry.

I’ve read it a dozen times, and I’m just not getting it. I run my pedalboard right into the amps input (no effects loop). I’d like to be able to use an overdrive pedal with the H9. They describe being able to run my overdrive before the H9’s reverb patch – OR – alternately being able to run the H9’s wah patch in front of the my overdrive. How the heck do I wire that up?

I don’t feel comfortable with just blindly tryingt different wiring combinations. Maybe if I stare at it long enough it’ll make sense. lol. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You would connect the cable connected to the input of your overdrive to Channel1 of the H9. Then connect Channel1 out from the H9 to your overdrive input.

Similarly, connect the output of your overdrive to H9 Channel2 in. Then connect Channel2 out from the H9 to the cable that was plugged in to the overdrive output.

Be aware that you may encounter ground loops, so may need help beyond what we can offer.

We are working on videos to explain all this, but they have not kept up with the software.

spaceJam

>Be aware that you may encounter ground loops, so may need help beyond what we can offer.

Ouch.

That’s exactly what I wanted to do with my Space but I’m scared now.

Styrioci

no worries if you have good power supply with isolated output sections..like CIOKS for example.

spaceJam

I do use a Voodo Lab’s Power Digital to power my H9 and Space. I hope that makes things better when I decide to make the upgrade.

Viewing 76 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.