- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Preset switch via OnSongApp Reply To: H9 Preset switch via OnSongApp

JCR
Participant

Hi Nobbie,

I am using forScore to send program changes and CC messages to my two H9’s. It is working great, but you have to be careful with sending the midi CC messages though. After the H9 has received a program change is is not processing midi CC messages for about 350ms. The latest update of forScore has a midi delay option build in, so I can send a PC, wait for 350ms and than send some CC messages to adjust the H9 parameters after selecting a score. This way it is working great, but if you send a PC and CC’s in one message the CC’s are igonered by the H9. In firmware H9_4.8.0 one could send PC and CC’s together and all was processed, but in all later firmware versions this functionality was lost:-(

If you want to send midi CC’s there is a workaround if there is no midi delay option in onsong. You would have to run MidiBridge too and install a delay rule into the StreamByter option. Before forScore had a midi delay option I was running it this way for my two H9’s and that worked ok too. It is not as easy though. If your H9 is on midi channel 1 you would send the PC to channel 1, so the H9 gets it right away, and the CC’s to, say channel 15. MidiBridge processes channel 15, applies the delay to the CC messages and maps channel 15 back to 1 so the H9 gets the CC’s with the delay applied. I used this StreamByter rule to get it working:

# 350 mSeconds delay on channels 15 & 16

BE-F = XX +D350

# Map Channels

XE = X0 # 15 to 1

XF = X1 # 16 to 2

If you have further questions, please let me know…