- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes a question to eventide techs….WHEN the android app will be available? Reply To: a question to eventide techs….WHEN the android app will be available?

n13L5
Participant

@ Skywriter

Interesting, I hadn’t had time to really check since this old discussion perked up its head  🙂

If I fail to find anything, which would seem surprising, since people do use Android tablets as weird instrument controllers and such, I’m about to leave for India, and I might just commission one of the many coders there, to help me write a universal, customizable midi control interface.

Sending Midi control sequences isn’t hard and making a row of labled knobs isn’t either.

To allow people to create their own panels would be the lion’s share of the work, unless there are existing libraries you can use. Maybe easy enough to let people sync their layouts to DropBox or something, but I’d shy away from allowing people to create patches and banks – too much work, unless its somehow successful.

Could probably get owners of various gear to create presets for everything under the sun for a free licence for the paid version.