- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins ILOK…? Reply To: ILOK…?

tlongabaugh
Eventide Staff
petroman2015 wrote:

Well since you(eventide) state that the only reason for ilock is for software version would yall be kind enough to enlighten SWEETWATER that one MUST sign up for a ilock account as a fore warning so there isnt any confusion…I dont like'em, I use alot of VST that I have paid royally for and never have been asked to join the ranks of a software protection society, I dont believe in them and I will be returning this APP as I feel their sales staff dont have a clue when it comes to being truthful…Sorry but I dont like being told one thing and find out that you dont get told everything included that is needed for the APP to work properly..

Hi petroman2015-

We use the host-based iLok License Manager to do our copy protection. I understand that iLok doesn't have appeal for everyone, but the fact is that writing good copy-protection for software takes quite a bit of time and resources, and by using iLok we free up ourselves to focus on developing better and more engaging products. I believe we mention on our own website the need for an iLok account to use our plug-ins, but I will check with marketing about making sure Sweetwater is on the same page.

n13L5-

Glad you're liking the plug-in! We do our best to keep information up to date with our distributors, but sometimes things do slip through the cracks 🙂

Best,

Tom