ILOK…?

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins ILOK…?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

You need an ilok account but you don’t need an usb dongle. We use pace for copy protection but the software only version.

n13L5
        Participant
        AAgnello wrote:
        You need an ilok account but you don’t need an usb dongle. We use pace for copy protection but the software only version.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

Without dongles works gud for me  😉

Signed up and was able to buy it…   I expect this be the most universally useful plugin in the collection. Maybe the old Freefilter comes close.  😀

I forgot to think about if I only need to be online if I want to change the license from one system to another and not every time I want to use it…?

n13L5
      Participant

I was just going to buy the Ultrachannel plugin, but couldn’t check out, cause the shopping cart insisted on entering an Ilok ID…

Using Google, I found its some sort of USB copy protection from an outfit named Pace, and actually is something like a USB dongle costing an extra $50 just to stuff up one of the two USB ports I have on my lil laptop?

I take it, part of the $49 discounted deal for Ultrachannel must be sponsored by Pace to get more people buying their USB boondoggle?

I’m annoyed, cause I need my USB ports; one for the audio IO and one for the mouse :p

Does Eventide offer any other options, a better way to do this?

Would be a shame if I can’t use it because it must hog a USB port, cause that plugin is one of the more useful plugins I’ve seen in a while.  All the right stuff in one place.

n13L5
      Participant

hmm, one more question:

What happens when your SSD dies with an authorization on it?

This is kinda important, cause it just happened to me, and since I installed a new windows on a new replacement drive (which activated fine), I have been unable to activate my Microsoft Office 2016 pro plus (not 365), which I purchased in a store, but still, it keeps telling me I may be “a victim of software counterfeiting”

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi n13L5-

If your SSD dies with an activation on it, just contact support@eventide.com. We can swap out your license with a fresh one, so you don't lose an activation.

-Tom

n13L5
        Participant
        TLongabaugh wrote:

Hi n13L5-

If your SSD dies with an activation on it, just contact support@eventide.com. We can swap out your license with a fresh one, so you don’t lose an activation.

-Tom

Thanks for the answer 🙂

Eventide does have some of the best customer service  😀

I can count companies I know like that on one hand…

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        n13L5 wrote:

Thanks for the answer 🙂

Eventide does have some of the best customer service  😀

I can count companies I know like that on one hand…

Glad to help out, and hope you enjoy the plug-in!

Best,

Tom

petroman2015

Well since you(eventide) state that the only reason for ilock is for software version would yall be kind enough to enlighten SWEETWATER that one MUST sign up for a ilock account as a fore warning so there isnt any confusion…I dont like’em, I use alot of VST that I have paid royally for and never have been asked to join the ranks of a software protection society, I dont believe in them and I will be returning this APP as I feel their sales staff dont have a clue when it comes to being truthful…Sorry but I dont like being told one thing and find out that you dont get told everything included that is needed for the APP to work properly..

n13L5
        Participant
        petroman2015 wrote:

Well since you(eventide) state that the only reason for ilock is for software version would yall be kind enough to enlighten SWEETWATER that one MUST sign up for a ilock account as a fore warning so there isnt any confusion…I dont like’em, I use alot of VST that I have paid royally for and never have been asked to join the ranks of a software protection society, I dont believe in them and I will be returning this APP as I feel their sales staff dont have a clue when it comes to being truthful…Sorry but I dont like being told one thing and find out that you dont get told everything included that is needed for the APP to work properly..

I get where you’re coming from…  most forms of DRM forces various hassles on paying customers.

And retailers should certainly mention the fact, but then, they have tons of products to list, update and not all the employees will pay attention to spec sheets and other details.  You don’t even know if that is mentioned in the materials dealers receive.

In my considerations, I ended up weighing the usefulness of the plugin over any other concerns  🙂

Cause there is nothing like this..

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        petroman2015 wrote:

Well since you(eventide) state that the only reason for ilock is for software version would yall be kind enough to enlighten SWEETWATER that one MUST sign up for a ilock account as a fore warning so there isnt any confusion…I dont like'em, I use alot of VST that I have paid royally for and never have been asked to join the ranks of a software protection society, I dont believe in them and I will be returning this APP as I feel their sales staff dont have a clue when it comes to being truthful…Sorry but I dont like being told one thing and find out that you dont get told everything included that is needed for the APP to work properly..

Hi petroman2015-

We use the host-based iLok License Manager to do our copy protection. I understand that iLok doesn't have appeal for everyone, but the fact is that writing good copy-protection for software takes quite a bit of time and resources, and by using iLok we free up ourselves to focus on developing better and more engaging products. I believe we mention on our own website the need for an iLok account to use our plug-ins, but I will check with marketing about making sure Sweetwater is on the same page.

n13L5-

Glad you're liking the plug-in! We do our best to keep information up to date with our distributors, but sometimes things do slip through the cracks 🙂

Best,

Tom

VisibleCow

Hi, I just purchased octavox and have never used ilok before. I downloaded the PACE license manager at a cafe since I have no (and don’t want any) internet at my studio space. How do I get this on my music computer without any internet and without buying another product?

Thanks

Sam

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        VisibleCow wrote:

Hi, I just purchased octavox and have never used ilok before. I downloaded the PACE license manager at a cafe since I have no (and don't want any) internet at my studio space. How do I get this on my music computer without any internet and without buying another product?

Thanks

Sam

Hi Sam-

Unfortunately, to use host based licensing (no dongle), you'll need to have an internet connection on your music computer to activate the license in iLok License manager on that machine. Once this is done one time, however, you won't need an internet connection anymore.

Best,

Tom

VisibleCow

Ahhh, I see. Looks like I’ll have to drag the desktop to my apartment and get everything intsalled there. Is it the same process for updates?

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        VisibleCow wrote:

Ahhh, I see. Looks like I'll have to drag the desktop to my apartment and get everything intsalled there. Is it the same process for updates?

I take it you mean updates to Octavox? You shouldn't have to worry about the licensing if you install an update to Octavox, though down the line you may need to update iLok License Manager. Though, that could be done by downloading the License Manager installer, putting on a USB stick, and installing on your music, without internet.

VisibleCow

Great, thanks for the info and quick replies.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.