- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes SpaceTime Continuum [Preset List – 30] Reply To: SpaceTime Continuum [Preset List – 30]

brock
Participant
KCStratMan wrote:

… Just so that I am not missing something basic, all you should have to do is: load a particular preset, engage the Hotswitch button, change any knob parameters desired, then click Save and Overwrite Preset, correct?

That’s the theory.  I always return the HotSwitch to Off, and the expression pedal to full Heel, before a Save.  Not sure if that matters, but I want to be on the safe side.  I got into the habit with the ModFactor Slow/Fast switch settings.

KCStratMan wrote:

… Is there anything else necesary to lock in new user settings for the Hotswitch in any preset? Is it necessary to clear the factory Hotswitch preset settings from each parameter knob if you haven’t built your preset from scratch with blank settings per your previous suggestion? …

Every parameter that has a HotSwitch mapping, yes.  The way this is all set up, you have to use a Factory preset to program your first preset in any new algorithm.  And all of them have embedded HotSwitch programming.  So that will carry over to any subsequent presets if it’s not neutralized.  The problem is that sometimes the HotSwitch programming doesn’t want to let loose after a preset has been Saved.  This new ‘Unmap’ command should help there.

Before I started making ‘blank slate’ presets, I used to Save the ‘base’ preset, then go back to the expression pedal mapping, Save, then onto HotSwitch …  And – let’s face it – there are times when the HotSwitch variables start jumping all over the map, to stubborn, random values.  Part of that is what I call the ‘wide range small segments’.  It may read FEEDBACK=100, or =97, but you’re really at FREEZE.  Or you’ll see a parameter move between two phantom values that are both Filter=0 (or +0; -0; …).

One Additional Technique wrote:
If you want to ‘copy/paste’ the HotSwitch programming over to the expression pedal, turn on one of the Heel/Toe switches in H9 Control.  Then toggle the HotSwitch, and deselect the EXP PED switch.

KCStratMan wrote:
In one practical sense though it is just as easy to make a duplicate preset one number up or down from the original, make whatever paramater variations you desire and save, then with one toe tap to a switch you change up or down one preset number to get those changes instead of one toe tap of Hotswitch. As I understand it, the Hotswitch essentially provides an alternate version preset – of the same effect algorithm – within each preset …

Yes and no.  There’ll be a little bit of load time with each preset change, and you’re burning two slots for every preset.  But the HotSwitch can be toggled momentarily, too; with the Aux switch selections, the physical switch itself, or via MIDI [the switch sends a zero value upon release].  Sometimes, that’s just what you want.  I often kick in INF reverb with a switch hold, and let it decay away quickly by releasing the switch.  EHX SuperEgo stuff.  Or momentarily bring up Feedback extremes.

But more importantly, the HotSwitch can combine with expression pedal variations to give you more than one alternate preset-within-a-preset.  Once a base preset is complete, I always program the EXP PED and HotSwitch settings to complement each other.  That will ensure compatible values; no matter what the combination of HotSwitch and expression pedal positions at any given time.  It easily doubles the number of potential ‘morph’ positions.

KCStratMan wrote:
I also really like ModEchoVerb and have been comparing it with SpaceTime, I will try to work up some good basic example presets to post. There are a lot of great sounds in both these algos, thanks for helping unlock all that potential.

I’m already running long here.  I have a few SpaceTime-like’ presets to post as well, but I’ll put them in a future reply.  That return to the ModEchoVerb now has me drawing further comparisons to BlackHole.  We all know that one for its huge sounds, but it’s another algo that can be toned down and harnessed.  Very unusual reverbs curling right underneath your playing technique …