SpaceTime Continuum [Preset List – 30]

Home Forums Products Stompboxes SpaceTime Continuum [Preset List – 30]

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      KCStratman
      Participant

Excellent, imported just fine and lots of cool presets there, thanks Brock.

I also posted to Dropbox an easy to modify SpaceTime Factory Preset List of all factory SpaceTime presets, repeated with duplicate second half of list easy to modify and preserve first half of list original.

SpaceTime Factory Presets List.h9z   https://www.dropbox.com/home/KCStratMan_H9_Preset_Lists

Bodde
      Participant

You are fast Brock. Going to install Spacetime this week and will try out your presets! Thanks….

brock
      Participant

Let’s try this again.

• Thirty new presets for the SpaceTime algorithm [compiled into a Preset List].
      • H9 Control 2.6.0 (under Windows 8.1), and H9 5.3.0 [3].
      • Each preset contain expression pedal and HotSwitch mappings.
      • Please let me know about any problems with the import.

ST Continuum.h9z [22K Preset List]    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yar4y1z9cyvdtpi/ST%20Continuum.h9z?raw=1

brock
      Participant

This algorithm is certainly capable of some overpowering, in-your-face effects.  But I’m starting to seek out the more subtle aspects.  It’s just as easy to float your input on top of some really nice (and barely-there) atmospheres.

I think the key to programming SpaceTime is to approach it without preconceived notions.  You know what’s in it – modulation, two delays, and reverb.  But the hidden ‘effect’ – the 4th dimension – is the integrated mini-mixer.  Even with all three components at minimal or neutral settings, you can blend in levels to achieve richly delicate effects.  Once you get your head around the Pedal View, it’s an intuitive way to dial in parameter values.

The uniqueness comes from how it’s all arranged, but also from the series / parallel shifts, two very different Feedback implementations, INF and FREEZE capability.  There’s an amazing amount of variation & range in the modulation section alone.

KCStratman
      Participant

Indeed, the range of the modulation section is quite versatile and the flexibility of the internal mixer makes it a powerful tool for shaping the effects chain. Here are acouple of presets I came up with, one milder. one wilder. Space Fib combines the three effects sections with parameter settings based on Fibionacci values for a chorus laden reverb with a gently galluping delay and Bounce Time is a springy, bouncy rubber ball sound.

brock
      Participant

That’s an apt description (for your presets, and the SpaceTime algo as a whole).  Very nice stuff.  It’s great to see the different approaches that people take when programming presets.  Notice how smoothly the Delays crossfade when sweeping between values?  At first, I thought that it might be masking from the reverb, but modulations of delay times sound very good in isolation.  I based a few of my own presets on that high tolerance for pedal abuse.

I managed to sneak in Golden Ratios, as well [HotSwitch option in that ‘Bigsby Berkeley’ preset].  I was always pretty skeptical of Fibonacci hype, and yet they keep showing up in more & more of my presets.  I see that you included HotSwitch programming in those presets.  If I can ask:  Were they ‘residual’ HotSwitch settings, or 100%  intentional?  Difficulties programming in the settings?  I ask because of past HotSwitch quirks, and possibly the same for SpaceTime.

I’ve taken on a new process for HotSwitch programming.  I’m finding it more reliable to create a ‘blank’ neutral preset for each algorithm.  Minimum or average settings for each parameter; no expression pedal mappings; zeroed HotSwitch settings.  Not only does it give me a ‘tabula rasa’ programming template to start from, but I don’t seem to get caught up with parameter values that don’t stick to the HotSwitch.  I haven’t used this system with all of the algorithms yet, but it’s in progress.

KCStratman
      Participant

Brock, thanks for the tip on Hotswitch programming. I am still not getting changes in Hotswitch settings to stick when I save the preset after altering parameters with the Hotswitch engaged, usually only one that I have set stays and the rest revert to their factory setting. Unfortunately, I have mostly given up on the Hotswitch feature, although it is extremely useful when working correctly as your many presets demonstrate, as I can never get it to be consistent and lock in all the parameter changes I want. I will try the “blank slate” preset approach and see if that helps as I have always started by altering an existing preset. Still going through and testing your SpaceTime Continuum presets, lots of great sound effects and concepts to build on there. Quite an addition to the already impressive library of H9 presets!

brock
        Participant
        KCStratMan wrote:

Brock, thanks for the tip on Hotswitch programming. I am still not getting changes in Hotswitch settings to stick when I save the preset after altering parameters with the Hotswitch engaged, usually only one that I have set stays and the rest revert to their factory setting ,,,

Just now, I stumbled onto a new operation ‘Unmap from HotSwitch’.  I assume it’s new to the latest H9 Control version 2.6.0.  On a HotSwitch-assigned parameter, it’s available in the ‘Assign to X, Y, Z Switch’ and ‘Unmap from expression pedal’ menu [double-click on virtual knob].  Sure beats trying to match exact values to erase pre-programmed HotSwitch settings.

Oddly enough, the SpaceTime algorithm has me revisiting the ModEchoVerb algo.  Each one has its own unique parameter features; with advantages, and also some compromises.  Both capable of subtle to over-the-top effects.  Similar, yet different.

Bodde
      Participant

Great presets in there Brock! No problem loading them in.

Question: I have loaded in StratMans presets as well but it is loaded in as users presets U32. Then when I make new user presets they continue with U33 while my last made user preset is U12. So from U13 till U31 there is nothing and I can’t save users presets on those numbers. Is this a bug? Or did something go wrong while loading in the presets from StratMan?

gkellum
        Participant
        bodde wrote:

Question: I have loaded in StratMans presets as well but it is loaded in as users presets U32. Then when I make new user presets they continue with U33 while my last made user preset is U12. So from U13 till U31 there is nothing and I can't save users presets on those numbers. Is this a bug? Or did something go wrong while loading in the presets from StratMan?

That might be a bug.  I'll see if I can reproduce that.

gkellum
        Participant
        bodde wrote:

Question: I have loaded in StratMans presets as well but it is loaded in as users presets U32. Then when I make new user presets they continue with U33 while my last made user preset is U12. So from U13 till U31 there is nothing and I can't save users presets on those numbers. Is this a bug? Or did something go wrong while loading in the presets from StratMan?

That might be a bug.  I'll see if I can reproduce that.

brock
      Participant

I should’ve mentioned this earlier.  Those downloads got me wondering if the User preset number is contained in the Save process, then subsequently recognized on import.  If I’m remembering correctly, I used drag ‘n’ drop that time around.

KC’s Space Fib imported at ser 32.  I believe I was at User preset 31 already, so I didn’t see that as unusual.  But KC’s Bounce Time preset landed at 1, where I already had a user preset.  So, duplicate User numbers; completely different preset structures.

I’m the first to admit terrible housekeeping when it comes to preset creation.  I need to figure out how much of this might be the process itself.  I’ll drop a couple more presets here; adding to the test cases.  [U]33 Impact Picowaves was created right after I downloaded KC’s 32 Space Fib, but it was created from my ‘blank slate’ SpaceTime preset 26 Neutral Program.  Now 26 Funky Wormhole was also built from the 26 Neutral Program.  The User preset numbers were duplicated for the same slot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w72bap975nnkh9l/Impact%20Picowaves.h9z?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hv6c5izo2vhklez/Funky%20Wormhole.h9z?dl=0

These two presets fall on the milder side.  For me, anyway.  Impact Picowaves uses the expression pedal to morph between small, unreal spaces.  The expression pedal is also key to the Funky Wormhole preset.  Not only does it automate the mixes, but it kicks in the INF setting at the extreme toe.  An active pedal can gate or fade out the reverb wash to creative effect.  HotSwitch settings again work in combination with the base presets, plus any given expression pedal position.

Bodde
        Participant
        brock wrote:

I should’ve mentioned this earlier.  Those downloads got me wondering if the User preset number is contained in the Save process, then subsequently recognized on import.  If I’m remembering correctly, I used drag ‘n’ drop that time around.

KC’s Space Fib imported at ser 32.  I believe I was at User preset 31 already, so I didn’t see that as unusual.  But KC’s Bounce Time preset landed at 1, where I already had a user preset.  So, duplicate User numbers; completely different preset structures.

Yes, that seems to be the problem/bug. I think Startmans preset was imported as U31 or U32 (I don’t remember exactly) on my H9. But now I can’t save anything from U12 (my last saved preset) till U31. I would make more sense if the imported would be imported after the last saved preset. I am confused by this!!! is it a bug?

KCStratman
      Participant

I have noticed that all along too. When importing new presets or preset lists full of presets, or when creating a new preset by altering and renaming an existing preset, usually a new user preset number – the next open number in sequence – is assigned, but fairly often the new preset will duplicate an existing number and occasionally blank numbers are skipped, so a few preset slots are “wasted” but this has never been a practical problem as it does not affect preset assignment to preset lists or anything it just makes for inconsistent cataloging. Sometimes I rename and create a new preset until it has the next sequential number and then delete any duplicate or out of sequence preset numbers to clean up the lists. But how to fill in skipped numbers so not to waste open slots or manually re-number existing presets to unused numbers? I have am curious, what is the maximum number of presets per effects algorithm and maximum number of preset lists allowed by H9 Control?

KCStratman
      Participant

Brock, thanks for pointing out that feature, I will have to try clearing and re-saving new Hotswitch settings that way. Just so that I am not missing something basic, all you should have to do is: load a particular preset, engage the Hotswitch button, change any knob parameters desired, then click Save and Overwrite Preset, correct? . Is there anything else necesary to lock in new user settings for the Hotswitch in any preset? Is it necessary to clear the factory Hotswitch preset settings from each parameter knob if you haven’t built your preset from scratch with blank settings per your previous suggestion?  In one practical sense though it is just as easy to make a duplicate preset one number up or down from the original, make whatever paramater variations you desire and save, then with one toe tap to a switch you change up or down one preset number to get those changes instead of one toe tap of Hotswitch. As I understand it, the Hotswitch essentially provides an alternate version preset – of the same effect algorithm – within each preset. Thanks again, I would really like to get the Hotswitch functions working reliably and I keep wondering if I am just not getting the programming and saving sequence right.

I also really like ModEchoVerb and have been comparing it with SpaceTime, I will try to work up some good basic example presets to post. There are a lot of great sounds in both these algos, thanks for helping unlock all that potential.

brock
        Participant
        KCStratMan wrote:

… Just so that I am not missing something basic, all you should have to do is: load a particular preset, engage the Hotswitch button, change any knob parameters desired, then click Save and Overwrite Preset, correct?

That’s the theory.  I always return the HotSwitch to Off, and the expression pedal to full Heel, before a Save.  Not sure if that matters, but I want to be on the safe side.  I got into the habit with the ModFactor Slow/Fast switch settings.

KCStratMan wrote:

… Is there anything else necesary to lock in new user settings for the Hotswitch in any preset? Is it necessary to clear the factory Hotswitch preset settings from each parameter knob if you haven’t built your preset from scratch with blank settings per your previous suggestion? …

Every parameter that has a HotSwitch mapping, yes.  The way this is all set up, you have to use a Factory preset to program your first preset in any new algorithm.  And all of them have embedded HotSwitch programming.  So that will carry over to any subsequent presets if it’s not neutralized.  The problem is that sometimes the HotSwitch programming doesn’t want to let loose after a preset has been Saved.  This new ‘Unmap’ command should help there.

Before I started making ‘blank slate’ presets, I used to Save the ‘base’ preset, then go back to the expression pedal mapping, Save, then onto HotSwitch …  And – let’s face it – there are times when the HotSwitch variables start jumping all over the map, to stubborn, random values.  Part of that is what I call the ‘wide range small segments’.  It may read FEEDBACK=100, or =97, but you’re really at FREEZE.  Or you’ll see a parameter move between two phantom values that are both Filter=0 (or +0; -0; …).

One Additional Technique wrote:
        If you want to ‘copy/paste’ the HotSwitch programming over to the expression pedal, turn on one of the Heel/Toe switches in H9 Control.  Then toggle the HotSwitch, and deselect the EXP PED switch.

KCStratMan wrote:
        In one practical sense though it is just as easy to make a duplicate preset one number up or down from the original, make whatever paramater variations you desire and save, then with one toe tap to a switch you change up or down one preset number to get those changes instead of one toe tap of Hotswitch. As I understand it, the Hotswitch essentially provides an alternate version preset – of the same effect algorithm – within each preset …

Yes and no.  There’ll be a little bit of load time with each preset change, and you’re burning two slots for every preset.  But the HotSwitch can be toggled momentarily, too; with the Aux switch selections, the physical switch itself, or via MIDI [the switch sends a zero value upon release].  Sometimes, that’s just what you want.  I often kick in INF reverb with a switch hold, and let it decay away quickly by releasing the switch.  EHX SuperEgo stuff.  Or momentarily bring up Feedback extremes.

But more importantly, the HotSwitch can combine with expression pedal variations to give you more than one alternate preset-within-a-preset.  Once a base preset is complete, I always program the EXP PED and HotSwitch settings to complement each other.  That will ensure compatible values; no matter what the combination of HotSwitch and expression pedal positions at any given time.  It easily doubles the number of potential ‘morph’ positions.

KCStratMan wrote:
        I also really like ModEchoVerb and have been comparing it with SpaceTime, I will try to work up some good basic example presets to post. There are a lot of great sounds in both these algos, thanks for helping unlock all that potential.

I’m already running long here.  I have a few SpaceTime-like’ presets to post as well, but I’ll put them in a future reply.  That return to the ModEchoVerb now has me drawing further comparisons to BlackHole.  We all know that one for its huge sounds, but it’s another algo that can be toned down and harnessed.  Very unusual reverbs curling right underneath your playing technique …

Send2george2

Hi there, can someone tell me how I can view and use the h9z files?

Seems I’m missing out on a lot of fun :-/

KCStratman
      Participant

Click on SETTINGS > IMPORT PRESETS OR PRESET LISTS > IMPORT DATA. Navigate to the folder on your hard drive where you have saved h9z files. H9z files can be individual Presets or Preset Lists of up to 99 Presets.

gkellum
        Participant
        KCStratMan wrote:

Click on SETTINGS > IMPORT PRESETS OR PRESET LISTS > IMPORT DATA. Navigate to the folder on your hard drive where you have saved h9z files. H9z files can be individual Presets or Preset Lists of up to 99 Presets.

You can also drag and drop an h9z file onto H9 Control and it will import it.

There are a couple of public Dropbox's folders where people have been sharing presets.  If you'd like access to those, sign up for a Dropbox account if you don't have one already, and submit the email address associated with your Dropbox account here: https://www.eventideaudio.com/dropbox-preset-sharing

KCStratman
      Participant

So, I have spent some more time testing the Hotswitch feature again on a variety of presets and it just does not seem to work reliably if at all. Also, numerous other users have posted here and on other forums that saving new Hotswitch settings just does not work reliably if at all.

Brock, GKellum, anyone in the know, would you please help disect this and let me know if I am completely missing something regarding saving new Hotswitch settings.

If you would prefer me to start another thread devoted to this topic let me knmow or if GKellum could post a new thread to clarify the whole Hotswitch issue that would be great, since he seems to be the lead staffer on H9 Control development.

I have tried repeatedly to save new parameter settings to knobs already assigned to Hotswitch functions but they just do not save, the setting immediately reverts to the original setting when the Hotswitch is engaged. I do not find any commands to assign new Hotswitch funtion to parameter knobs not already assigned to a Factory Preset of any given algorithm. So, please confirm:

1. What is the correct procedure to simply take a Factory Preset that already has one or more parameter knobs mapped to the Hotswitch, save it as a User Preset, and then modify the parameter settings of the knob(s) mapped to the Hotswitch and then save correctly so that those new Hotswitch parameter settings are locked in?

2. How to assign new Hotswitch function to parameter knobs not already mapped to Hotswitch in any given Preset. There should simply be “MAP TO HOTSWITCH” function by double clicking on any parameter knob just like “MAP/UNMAP TO EXP PEDAL”, MAP TO X Y Z SWITCH, etc. A simple MAP TO HOTSWITCH function, which is the only thing that makes any logical sense, seems to be completely missing. If this has not already been addressed let us please add it immediately to the H9 Control Development To Do List.

The only factory instruction I have ever found is this:

“To start programming the HotSwitch patch on Space and H9 algorithms, long press the HotSwitch button until it starts flashing to indicate that it is in programming mode. Then, you can move the rotary knobs to the position you would like them to be in when the HotSwitch is activated. When you are done programming your changes to the HotSwitch patch, you can stop programming by pressing the HotSwitch again. To trigger the HotSwitch, you can press the HotSwitch in the app, attach an aux switch to the H9, or use MIDI.”

There are no clear instructions as to which or if all parameter knobs can be mapped to Hotswitch, exactly what sequence of mouse clicks within H9 Control will correctly save new Hotswitch settings to already mapped knobs, nor how to create new Hotswitch mapping to presently unassigned knobs. 

As examples, I have created a Preset List of all SpaceTime algorithm factory presets which have one or more knobs mapped to the Hotswitch function, indicating the parameters mapped in the preset titles, i.e.: HS Dly A = Hotswitch mapped to Dly A knob, etc. Please feel free to alter the Hotswitch settings of already mapped knobs on one or more of these presets and repost them here as examples and explain how you saved the new settings. Thank you, this should be invaluable to all H9 and users.

leotio
      Participant

In the search fieldI typed “Hyperspace preset” and this topic comes up, don’t know if anyone here can help me; what I am looking for is, if anyone have figured out a preset where I can get Tom Scholtz’s Hyperspace pedal effect, and if it can be controlled with the exp. pedal as he does. I think his pedal has x,y control and controls two different parameters independently on a modified Echoplex, according to my research. It supposedly moves the record head back and forth on the echoplex, so, i tried with the vintage delay, record preset, on my H9, and its the closest I’ve gotten but not quite there, a lot missing still.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

brock
        Participant
        leotio wrote:

In the search fieldI typed “Hyperspace preset” and this topic comes up, don’t know if anyone here can help me; what I am looking for is, if anyone have figured out a preset where I can get Tom Scholtz’s Hyperspace pedal effect, and if it can be controlled with the exp. pedal as he does …

I can probably hook you up.  We need to figure out a few things first on how you want this to work for you:

• The algorithm that sounds best to you.
        • How (historically) accurate you want the effect to be.
        • The direction of the expression pedal control.
        • What you plan on using to control the effect.

Many of the delay algorithms crossfade between delay times.  Others will ‘bend’ the apparent pitch.  The algos that do ‘pitch shift’ use different methods, with varying results.  Vintage Delay didn’t cut it for you (wide, ‘electronic’ shifting).  Mod Delay is a little more controllable, for my personal tastes.  But we’re emulating an EchoPlex (probably an EP-3), so Tape Echo would be the logical place to start.

If you want to do the entire effect with an expression pedal, you’ll need to control wet/dry mix, delay time(s), and feedback; all at the same time.  (Not my first choice).

• Expression Pedal Heel:  WET MIX  0
        • Expression Pedal Heel:  DELAY A & DELAY B  400 mS
        • Expression Pedal Heel:  FEEDBACK A & FEEDBACK B  50
        • Expression Pedal Toe:   WET MIX  75
        • Expression Pedal Toe:   DELAY A & DELAY B  40 ms.
        • Expression Pedal Toe:   FEEDBACK A & FEEDBACK B  105

Delay times reduce, so the ‘pitch’ goes up with positive pedal travel.  Feedback goes from a healthy amount (but still inaudible), to medium oscillation.  While the wet mix kicks in the effect, it does so with unintended consequences (more on that below).

I believe that the Scholz Mod ‘pitched’ upwards, but you can choose to shift it downward, with positive pedal travel.  Just swap the Heel and Toe values for DELAY A & DELAY B [40ms to 400 mS].  The problem with both of these approaches is the WET MIX.  The fade in / fadeout times (caused by the expression pedal) place an emphasis on either the upward, or downward ‘pitches’.  Neither one allows for fine control over both directions.

• Expression Pedal Heel:  DELAY A & DELAY B  750 ms.
        • Expression Pedal Heel:  FEEDBACK A & FEEDBACK B  75
        • Expression Pedal Toe:    DELAY A & DELAY B  50 mS
        • Expression Pedal Toe:    FEEDBACK A & FEEDBACK B  100

For better results, you’ll need BYPASS set to DRY + FX, or an expression pedal + Aux Switch Y-cable setup.  (Let’s leave MIDI out of this, for the time being.)  With DSP + FX, the effect starts ‘recording’ when you hit ACTIVE, but continues after you press BYPASS.  That solves the fade in/out problem.  Unmap the WET MIX from the expression pedal, and set it to a heavier effect level [50-75, or even 100].

Now it’s the delay time & feedback on expression pedal, and on/off via ACTIVE / BYPASS.  If you want to substitute an Aux switch here, bind that to Parameter 1 [KB 0], with a latching action.  While we’re at it … the REPEAT (Performance) switch can capture a segment of ‘HyperDrive’ (200 ms., I believe).  That small loop can still be ‘pitch-bent’ by the expression pedal.  And it fades back smoothly to ‘live control’ when unlatched.  It’s a cool effect to have in your bag of tricks.

I widened the range of DELAY here, to push the ‘pitches’ further downward.  If you want to closely emulate an EP, you don’t want to go too short or too long with DELAY times.  I tightened up the FEEDBACK range, with less concern over runaway oscillation.  There’s a little SATURATION, WOW, FLUTTER, and FILTER darkening added.  Again, no need to go crazy here with that 2nd row of controls.  There’s already a lot of saturated modulation under foot control. 

No matter how responsive your expression pedal is, it’s going to take a little practice to get this effect under smooth control.  If you can give me some guidance on exactly what you’re after – and how you intend to control it – then we can tweak the settings here to match.

leotio
      Participant

Thanks Brock!

Wow! didn’t expect it to be this complicated, I will give it a shot. The effect its not a musical effect by any means, but its cool as heck. It doesnt need to be historically accurate, as the Scholtz’s pedal has a lot going on a the same time, such as, speed control, repeats control, infinite repeats, infinite sustain, I don’t know how he kills the effect instantly, and its all happening in the up, down sweep of the pedal ( I believe there’s also a side-side motion that controls something else) I don’t have an exp pedal with X,Y control, so I may be compromising one parameter, youtube have a couple of convicing hacks, but they involve wiring and soldering the two effects boxes (a tape delay and a Wah) together, not an option for me.

It occurred to me that by assigning parameters to the exp pedal, I could accomplish this, which I did, but I guess I chose the wrong algorithm to do this, and its not an accurate reproduction of the effect, but I will give your suggestion a try, and see if that gets me closer.

I tried a lot of forums an most people don’t know what I was talking about, and some didn’t even know it existed, but I’m sure everyone has heard it! if you’re reading this and don’t know what I’m talking about, watch this video: https://youtu.be/R1c0Bx_StvE , if you want to skip through all the BS go to straight to 2:15 and fasten your seatbelt!

I appreciate your help Brock, this should’ve been an algorithm preset on the H9 or Space pedals, I will post how it worked for me later.

leotio
      Participant

Hey Brock, if you have already created this preset, could you share it with there rest of us mortals and save us a brain hemorrage?

leotio
      Participant

Forgot to mention: I am using an Ernie Ball JR as an expression Pedal to control the effects; however, I control the presets on the H9s (1 have 2 on my pedal board) through a looper/midi controller that I just assign the exp pedal to either when needed on each preset on the controller.

leotio
      Participant

Wow!

I am able to fly at hyperspeed and land! with your settings no much control over infinite sustain or to kill the effect yet, but you put me in the ballpark. Awesome!

leotio
      Participant

Brock:

As you mentioned, I too think the problem is with the wet/dry mix, if you assign the exp. to control wet/dry mix, you can kill the effect on full heel, but will decay and not sustain when full toe, I messed chaging the valued on delays and fbk, and I get the effect in reverse but still decays. I think the solution to this is getting an exp pedal with X,Y control, which i dont have, but its still cool as is.

Maybe a Kaoss pad? to which you could assign X,Y midi control, but you would control it with your finger instead of exp pedal, in the Matt Bellamy fashion.

Scrap that! NOT routing a hole on any of my guitars! back to the drawing board

brock
      Participant

Yes, those WET MIX fades are more appropriate for XP-300 Space Station effects.  Cool enough; just not ‘right’ for this application.  You need a way to toggle these FX.

I’ll speculate that the Scholz mod used the footswitch in the commandeered Wah pedal to switch the effect – instant on & instant off.  That option wouldn’t be available on most expression pedals.  That’s where the suggestion for ACTIVE / BYPASS switching came from.  Assuming that you wanted FX ‘trails’, I thought a BYPASS mode of DSP + FX was the best fit.  Maybe DSP (only), or RELAY instead, for instant on/off?

You really only need to control DELAY times with the expression pedal for this effect; given on/off switching elsewhere.  Perhaps a switch sending MIDI CC from your looper / MIDI controller?  The only reason that I included FEEDBACK level adjustments with the expression pedal was to have some method of toning down & ‘erasing’ the effect between uses.  You have to have a way to ‘feed’ fresh input into the delay oscillation.

Any FEEDBACK values between 100 & 110 (and sometimes as low as 85-90) will give you the infinite ‘sustain’.  And that goes for any regenerated delay-type algorithm.  I’ll toy around with a few things when I get back in front of it, & see what I can come up with.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.