- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Aux Switch and Expression help/ideas/setup needed please Reply To: H9 Aux Switch and Expression help/ideas/setup needed please

brock
Participant
EBatzel wrote:

Just a followup…the Digitech FS3X Footswitch works awesome and setup was a breeze via Control.

The Source Audio Reflex Universal Expression Controller should deliver today…and I am hoping it is as easy as the switch to setup as I am midi-clueless.

Any tips can help from you vets though…my goal being to run expression via midi.

I’m going to suggest something that may sound boring – take it slowly.  You’ve got huge capability between the H9 (+ aux switches) and the Reflex.  Pick out one specific goal (say, the treadle raising Mix from 0-50), and browse through the pertinent sections in the manual(s).  Then build on that success, and blend in a second goal.  For example, a single LFO controlling one Delay time.  If you get stuck along the way, this forum is great for a nudge in the right direction.

EBatzel wrote:

Not sure if it is possible but can the H9 also send tempo to the Reflex Expression to control the LFO timing?

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers!

Yes, the H9 can control the tempo of the Reflex.  Set Shape to one of the LFOs.  Under Parameter [Min], turn the pot down below 000.  You can select 1-4, 1-3, 1-2, 1-1, 2-1, or 4-1.  Those correspond to Sixteenth, Triplet, Eighth, Quarter, Half, and Whole note sync, respectively.  For the upper limit, do the same with Parameter [Max].  The pedal will change note division rates between the MIN and MAX set values.

But I can see that you’re headed for trouble here.  Assuming no other MIDI devices in your system, you’re asking the H9 to be the MIDI master (clock out) AND a MIDI slave (LFO from the Reflex to H9 input) at the same time.  The Reflex will merge MIDI IN and MIDI Out data, but that’s not the problem.  You may be in for a MIDI feedback loop, if it even works at all.

There are some new MIDI modes in the H9 … Let me see what happens with the H9 and Reflex looped together like this (Ins to Outs).  Before any of this, you’ll want to get MIDI Channels matched between the two units, and experiment with the transmission and proper reception of MIDI messages