- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 midi bypass Reply To: H9 midi bypass

brock
Participant
voodoojeff wrote:

Let`s say I`m using whatever midi controller that has ten buttons to change presets on the H9. I`m on preset 3, and step on the button for preset 7. Preset 7 comes on. Is it possible to program the H9 to toggle active/bypass by stepping on the same button again? Basically getting the H9 to react differently to the same midi command a second time ie; it knows it`s already ON preset “X”, so it knows you want it to toggle. 

Here’s one way to do it.  I’m using an FCB 1010; you may be able to set up something similar in your rig.

Each footswitch sends a MIDI CC message along with its Program Change message.  The MIDI CC value alternates between 127 and 0 on every switch press.  In the H9, LEARN this MIDI CC number to ACT(ive), TOG(ggle), or BYP(ass); depending on what state you want called up first when a footswitch is selected.

It will screw with your “trails & tails”, though; whether or not you use DSP+FX as a Bypass mode.  It’s sending the Program Change – reloading the preset – each time that Active / Bypass gets toggled.  That works in some situations.  In others, … not so much.