- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Space – Instant program change is not so instant Reply To: Space – Instant program change is not so instant

benjamin91
wedelich wrote:

gkellum wrote:

benjamin91 wrote:

The latency issue with the space really is a deal breaker. Has this really not been fixed yet? 

Space in particular has a more sophisticated spillover than the other pedals where it tries to seamlessly crossfade between two algorithms.  This added some additional latency to preset loading.  In more recent releases we made the spillover time user adjustable.  You can actually turn it off for the quickest possible preset loading.  

We have also sped up preset loading in general since 5 years ago.  We don’t really get much complaints about it anymore (that I know of), so I think most people are finding it acceptable.  

Sweet! Sorry for saying “really” a lot and also for possibly sounding like an ass in my initial comment. So the complaint back in 2011 about a 2 second delay when switching presets isn’t likely to happen? On a practical level, 95% of the time it’s not a big deal, e.g. between songs. But something I do every once in a while is switch from playing really ambient swells to playing either a lead part or rhythm part that just requires a simple room reverb. Possibly a dumb questions.. But when I do this, it would likely work well to switch towards the end of the swell and then the reverbs could cross fade seamlessly to make for a smooth transition?