- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes A “side chain” routing option would open up countless possibilities. Reply To: A “side chain” routing option would open up countless possibilities.

guitarlesson
nickrose wrote:

…with all the algorithm changes, quite a bit of work.

Now that you say that, I can see how it’s not just a new routing option, but much more. I can only guess that it’s probably not the creation of a sidechain that would be the difficulty, but what the effect DOES with the sidechain once it has it. There are totally different things measured by a vocoder (reading formants) vs a compressor/limiter (reading dynamics), etc. But I appreciate your team considering my request. See if there’s any interest beside mine. I’d be surprised if there was not.

That said, I’ve noticed one thing since my initial post though. The routing I drew up of the “mono effect with sidechain passtrough” looks VERY similar to the Pre/Post routing method. As I understand it, Pre/Post uses either side A or side B for a mono effect, and the unused side is merely a passthrough of an uneffected signal. Maybe Pre/Post can be moidfied for sidechain uses as well. Just a thought.