- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Intermittant Validation with Eventide Plugin Reply To: Intermittant Validation with Eventide Plugin

JRMac
Strascak wrote:

JRMac:

I’m also on Windows 10 Pro x64.  I have had intermittant problems with PACE when installing new software plugins. 

Try this:

1. Go to the Taskbar and left click in an open area. 

2. Select “Taskmanager”.

3. At the top of the Taskmanager window, select the “Services” tab.

4. Scroll down the list and only highlight, ” PaceLicenseDServices”

5. Left click on ” PaceLicenseDServices” and select “Open Services” from the menu.

6. In the new “Services” window, highlight “Pace License Services”.

7. Left click on “Pace License Services” and select “Properties” from the dropdown menu.

8. In the Pace License Properties Window,  click on the dropdown in the middle of the window called “Startup Type” and select “Automatic (Delayed Start).

9. Below the “Startup Type”, ther is a “Service status:” area on the same window.  Click on “Start”.  The service should start.

10. Lastly before closing the “PACE License Services Properties” window, click on “Appy” and then close the window.

You might be asked to restart Windows but the “iLok License Manager” should work without a reboot.

NOTE: 

If when you reboot and the “iLok License Manager” will not work,  it might have been turned off.  Just go to the “PACE License Services Properties” window, and click on “Start” and “Apply” again.

I have noticed some plugin installers reset the “Startup type” to “Automatic” only which causes the Pace service to stop.

I know it’s a pain but this has worked well for me on Win 10 x64.

Kevin

Many thanks Kevin. That solved the problem. After following your instructions I turned my PC off and on again just to be sure, and the Eventide plugin loaded fine. The good thing is, from my point of view, that I don’t need to put my audio PC online to use the same solution if the problem arises again in the future. Thanks for taking the time to post such detailed instructions my friend, much appreciated.

JR