Intermittant Validation with Eventide Plugin

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Intermittant Validation with Eventide Plugin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      JRMac

I recently installed the 2016 Stereo Room reverb from Eventide. I downloaded the iLok License Manager and validated my license on line. It was working fine, so I disconnected my PC from the internet. The next time I tried to use the plugin I got the massage:

“The software required to validate the license for this product is not running. Please install the product or download and run the iLok License Manager.”

I put my PC online again (not an easy thing to do), downloaded the iLok License Manager again (since there appeared to be an updated version), and the plug in was working fine again. So I put my PC offline. That was last week. Today I tried to open the Eventide plugin again and got the same message.

So far, once I turn my PC off and disconnect from the internet I don’t seem to be able to use the Eventide plugin, even though it is working fine immediately after I validate the license.

I’m using Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, and my plugin host is Ableton Live. I’m not using the iLok manager for any other products. Can anyone help?

mat herbert
      Participant

It’s the iLok manager sofftware timing out before it gets a chance to load properly… i get it from time to time and i know of a few others personlly who also experience it.

on the windows task bar click start, then type ‘services’ (forget the quotes) into the ‘search programs and files’ box and hit return.

Scroll down to PACE Licence Services, highlight it and in the top left click on ‘start’.

That should sort you out till it happens again, just repeat the above if/when it does.

JRMac
        mat herbert wrote:

It’s the iLok manager sofftware timing out before it gets a chance to load properly… i get it from time to time and i know of a few others personlly who also experience it.

on the windows task bar click start, then type ‘services’ (forget the quotes) into the ‘search programs and files’ box and hit return.

Scroll down to PACE Licence Services, highlight it and in the top left click on ‘start’.

That should sort you out till it happens again, just repeat the above if/when it does.

Hey Mat,

Many thanks for your reply. Windows 10 doesn’t have the task bar with Start. But I turned on “Show hidden files/folders” and searched for “Pace License Services”. It returned no results. When I searched for “Pace” the following folder turned up:

PACE>Services>License Services>LDSvc

I right clicked on the application file LDSvc and chose “Run as administrator”. Got the message: “Do you want the app to make changes?” Clicked Yes. A pop-up window appeared just for a fraction of a second. Restarted my PC. Opened Live. Rescanned my plugins just in case. Tried to open the Eventide plugin and got the same message as in my original post.

Many thanks for your suggestion buddy. It sounded spot on, and was definately worth a try.

JR

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi JRMac, I've not seen this on my PC or heard of it, but it does sound like the iLok License Manager service is crashing or hanging.  I wonder if it happens again if a simple reboot, or logout and login with fix it.

In the meantime I'll contact PACE and see if they've heard of this issue and are working to address it.

Sorry for the problems,

Dan

JRMac
        DGillespie wrote:

Hi JRMac, I’ve not seen this on my PC or heard of it, but it does sound like the iLok License Manager service is crashing or hanging.  I wonder if it happens again if a simple reboot, or logout and login with fix it.

In the meantime I’ll contact PACE and see if they’ve heard of this issue and are working to address it.

Sorry for the problems,

Dan

Hey Dan. Many thanks for your reply. No, I’ve tried turning off and on my PC several times, with the same result. I’ve also tried Mat’s suggestion (above). No luck there either I’m afraid.

mat herbert
      Participant

Hi Dan!

If you contact Pace you’re likely to get the same answer i did as that’s what i posted above… you can try to extend the timeout period by right clicking on the PACE entry in task manager, click ‘properties’ and try setting startup type to ‘Automatic delayed start’ to see if that helps, again this is from Pace….

If that doesn’t remedy it permintently then occasionally you’ll have to start it manually as i originally described.

hth!

mat herbert
      Participant

Sorry to hear that JRMac, i’m still on win7 64bit and did not realise they’ve done away with the services function in win 10.

Hope you get it sorted mate as it’s clearly a major frustration!

I’ve heard of many others getting the issue on win7 and that fix has always sorted it for the people i’ve passed it on to.

Strascak
      Participant

JRMac:

I’m also on Windows 10 Pro x64.  I have had intermittant problems with PACE when installing new software plugins. 

Try this:

1. Go to the Taskbar and left click in an open area. 

2. Select “Taskmanager”.

3. At the top of the Taskmanager window, select the “Services” tab.

4. Scroll down the list and only highlight, ” PaceLicenseDServices”

5. Left click on ” PaceLicenseDServices” and select “Open Services” from the menu.

6. In the new “Services” window, highlight “Pace License Services”.

7. Left click on “Pace License Services” and select “Properties” from the dropdown menu.

8. In the Pace License Properties Window,  click on the dropdown in the middle of the window called “Startup Type” and select “Automatic (Delayed Start).

9. Below the “Startup Type”, ther is a “Service status:” area on the same window.  Click on “Start”.  The service should start.

10. Lastly before closing the “PACE License Services Properties” window, click on “Appy” and then close the window.

You might be asked to restart Windows but the “iLok License Manager” should work without a reboot.

NOTE: 

If when you reboot and the “iLok License Manager” will not work,  it might have been turned off.  Just go to the “PACE License Services Properties” window, and click on “Start” and “Apply” again.

I have noticed some plugin installers reset the “Startup type” to “Automatic” only which causes the Pace service to stop.

I know it’s a pain but this has worked well for me on Win 10 x64.

Kevin

JRMac wrote:

I recently installed the 2016 Stereo Room reverb from Eventide. I downloaded the iLok License Manager and validated my license on line. It was working fine, so I disconnected my PC from the internet. The next time I tried to use the plugin I got the massage:

“The software required to validate the license for this product is not running. Please install the product or download and run the iLok License Manager.”

I put my PC online again (not an easy thing to do), downloaded the iLok License Manager again (since there appeared to be an updated version), and the plug in was working fine again. So I put my PC offline. That was last week. Today I tried to open the Eventide plugin again and got the same message.

So far, once I turn my PC off and disconnect from the internet I don’t seem to be able to use the Eventide plugin, even though it is working fine immediately after I validate the license.

I’m using Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, and my plugin host is Ableton Live. I’m not using the iLok manager for any other products. Can anyone help?

JRMac
        Strascak wrote:

JRMac:

I’m also on Windows 10 Pro x64.  I have had intermittant problems with PACE when installing new software plugins. 

Try this:

1. Go to the Taskbar and left click in an open area. 

2. Select “Taskmanager”.

3. At the top of the Taskmanager window, select the “Services” tab.

4. Scroll down the list and only highlight, ” PaceLicenseDServices”

5. Left click on ” PaceLicenseDServices” and select “Open Services” from the menu.

6. In the new “Services” window, highlight “Pace License Services”.

7. Left click on “Pace License Services” and select “Properties” from the dropdown menu.

8. In the Pace License Properties Window,  click on the dropdown in the middle of the window called “Startup Type” and select “Automatic (Delayed Start).

9. Below the “Startup Type”, ther is a “Service status:” area on the same window.  Click on “Start”.  The service should start.

10. Lastly before closing the “PACE License Services Properties” window, click on “Appy” and then close the window.

You might be asked to restart Windows but the “iLok License Manager” should work without a reboot.

NOTE: 

If when you reboot and the “iLok License Manager” will not work,  it might have been turned off.  Just go to the “PACE License Services Properties” window, and click on “Start” and “Apply” again.

I have noticed some plugin installers reset the “Startup type” to “Automatic” only which causes the Pace service to stop.

I know it’s a pain but this has worked well for me on Win 10 x64.

Kevin

Many thanks Kevin. That solved the problem. After following your instructions I turned my PC off and on again just to be sure, and the Eventide plugin loaded fine. The good thing is, from my point of view, that I don’t need to put my audio PC online to use the same solution if the problem arises again in the future. Thanks for taking the time to post such detailed instructions my friend, much appreciated.

JR

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Thanks Mat and Kevin for the solution!

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Yes, thank you Kevin.  I will forward this to PACE so they are aware of this issue for some users.

Strascak
      Participant

No problem,  I believe PACE is aware of this.  I found a similar solution for Windows 7 on the PACE site.  Unfortunately I had to adapt their solution to Windows 10.

Glad it solved your problem

Kevin

ChamomileShark
      Participant

I’ve had the same issue with ilok manager (ie not the dongle version)- it started when I installed the new version (the one before the current one).

I’m really not au fait with this stuff – do you need to uninstall the old ilok manager before installing the latest version?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

No, you should be fine to just install the latest version of iLok License Manager. The installer should take care of updating everything correctly.

ChamomileShark
      Participant

ok thank you. I guess there must have been an issue with the previous version. I’ll go and update it now. many thanks

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.