Home › Forums › Products › Stompboxes › H9 Control app Windows 10 x64 broken › Reply To: H9 Control app Windows 10 x64 broken
I have a very similar problem, and I am already onto “try USB” since my PC doesn’t support Bluetooth and I don’t have a dongle.
I followed the instructions in the manual to the letter:
1) Powered on H9 with USB cable attached
2) Opened H9 Control App on PC
3) Device found instantly, and connects instantlyShow More...
4) I can now see both “PC” and my “H9-11111” in the left hand pane of List view
5) I switch from the “PC” to the “H9”
6) It immediately reads the contents of the H9, and displays them instantly
7) I hit the SAVE TO PC button
8) The save begins, but about 2 seconds into it, the Control App crashes hard – and you get the usual nonsense about Windows shutting down the app and searching for a solution for you (it wont)
I’ve tried re-booting the computer; I do not have my DAW running or in fact, anything else running BUT the Control App. I’ve tried re-booting the H9, and then restarting the Control App – same result, same crash at the same instant, the SECOND you push “SAVE TO PC” – it crashes. I then tried pushing X Y Z at once, to disconnect the H9 from it’s previous pair, and it indeed, shut bluetooth off on the H9. Another attempt brought exactly the same scenario: connects instantly, no problem, sees the H9, reads it’s contents and displays them – but, SAVE TO PC is like a “Please Crash Me Right Now” button – that’s all it does.
Windows 10 Home, 64 bit – Version 1607 (OS build 14393.447)
Eventide H9 Control – Version 2.7.8
Please help – I’ve been wanting to back up my THREE H9s for several months now, I finally found time, I bought the correct USB cable, and now I get this instant, unstoppable CRASH every single time I try to save the pedal’s contents to the PC.
Where am I going wrong, I thought I would avoid all the problems that people seem to be having with Bluetooth, by avoiding Bluetooth, and it’s my hope to also upgrade my Pitch Factor and Space so I can control them via H9, and back them up too. I have the OTHER USB cable ready for that task, too. I thought it best to start with the H9, the more modern device, get those backed up to the PC, and then deal with the Factor boxes – but right now, with regards to creating saved backup of my five Eventide devices, I am stopped dead and NONE of them is backed up yet.
Please help – please.