- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes How to tap tempo from an external midi controller to 2x H9’s ? Reply To: How to tap tempo from an external midi controller to 2x H9’s ?

dedeman

No, I cannot make any settings in Midimate for the way the on/off button works. It just sends on then off messages consecutively (with the corresponding values)… I would say is useless to contact them; it would imply to modify the firmware somehow, which cannot be updated in any way on my board (maybe re-program their MCU, but that’s a very long shot).

Ignoring the off message does not get rid of me pushing the button, which is in between of usable messages. Is not practical. If I want to have a higher bpm then I would have to tap like crazy :))) NO, not practical when alternated messages are sent consecutively from a controller.

I was hoping for the EVENTIDE fast feedback resonse on this matter, but of course, that would imply a software update from you as well… I suppose the way to go would be another external momentary switch connected to one H9 and then use midi clock function to sunc the other, right? But then… it’s another switch, which I was hoping to avoid using.