- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes POP sound when switching presets routed pre+post to post+post Reply To: POP sound when switching presets routed pre+post to post+post

dedeman
tstern wrote:

Can you post a recording or video of the pop?  It may be easier for us to figure out/work with you if we can see it happen and get a sense of the extent of the issue.

I have made a recording demonstrating the pop-sound:

https://youtu.be/JYJmcJJPRkg

H9 A General Setup:

Routing signal – Pre/Post

CC assignment: Activate – 85

Algo used: 

Preset 5 – EQ Compressor (routed PRE)

Preset 6 – Flanger (routed POST)

H9 B General Setup:

Routing signal – Pre/Post

CC assignment: Activate – 86

Algo used: 

Preset 5 – H910 H949 (routed POST)

Preset 6 – SpaceTime (routed POST)

• H9’s are connected as per diagram, except guitar goes directly to H9-A input 1.
  • Changing presets with Midimate controller, sending PC#5 (Clean) and PC#6 (SPACE). Both presets transmit CC85 – On, CC86 – On. Switching between activated presets on H9.

POP sound is coming FROM SPEAKER although on video sounds like a relay clicking, yet no relays are switching; amp channel is ONLY CLEAN. Pop occurs when switching Preset 6 (H9A algo is POST, H9B algo is POST) to Preset 5 (H9A algo is PRE, H9B algo is POST), not from 5 to 6. A sort of muting level variation happens when switching Preset 5 to Preset 6. The kind your coleague was talking about in your response.

If you need more info, please let me know.  I would really like to have this routing options and H9’s wiring, having the flexibility to place algo’s either in front or after preamp, in both H9’s. However, if you can suggest a better wiring of the two H9’s, it would be very helpful.

Thank you for your support.