- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 settings to get a percussion rhythm loops from guitar Reply To: H9 settings to get a percussion rhythm loops from guitar

brock
Participant

I haven’t been able to upload some preset examples for you (just yet).  But, as a start, most of the modulation algorithms, and a few PitchFactor algos, feature ENV or ADSR control.  Try those first, as they provide many different variations on adding interesting & percussive ‘snaps’ to your attack.  To preserve most of the input signal – while still still emphasizing the attack – I’d use DynaVerb / OmniPressor gates.  More to come …

joegrant413 wrote:

P.S. I’m not so much thinking about the automatic rhythms you can generate from Resonator and other algorithms. Just something that’ll make an interesting thump, pop, or snap from a guitar note.

I get that, but I can’t resist posting this one.  Just for fun.  Expression pedal control raises the base pitches (where modulation begins) , and also approaches runaway FEEDBACK.  Shades of early drum synthesizers.