- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Fission [Audio, not Nuclear] Reply To: Fission [Audio, not Nuclear]

tlongabaugh
Eventide Staff
VmusicV wrote:

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the info. Would you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE….. take this back to the product folks – propose two modes for the software –

• one is a learning/setting mode where you play with pre-recorded input sounds and adjusts your settings – and save them as presets
  • two is a mode where the software pretty much blindly applies the settings or presets to an incoming live signal

In my humble opinion, with all of the synths and virtual sound mixers, etc. out there, I don't see people really using this in a studio setting to create some kewl new sound. The value is in live use and unless the delay is under 20ms, it's not of much value for live use.

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex-

You're talking to one of the product folks 🙂

It sounds like the first mode you are describing is an "auto-learn" type feature, is that correct? Mode two is currently how the plug-in operates, with tunings for various source instruments.

I agree that this would be very cool for live use, but at the moment technical restrictions keep us from getting below 20ms. The ultimate goal is to get it to the point where live performance is possible, but I can't promise this will happen.

Anyways, we appreciate the feedback and will keep it in mind!

-Tom