Fission [Audio, not Nuclear]

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Fission [Audio, not Nuclear]

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      VmusicV

Hi,           [the new Eventide Fission Plugin]

1.  So – exactly when will this plugin actually be available?
      2. Can I use it for real time performances, or does it require a “read ahead” mode?

I like where this is going – as a violin player I want something that can honestly change the timbre, not just add effects, or eq…..

What about some computer algorithms for different pickups — like if you have a humbucker pickup, this algorithm will help separate your sound better, or if you have a single coil use this algorithm, if you have an acoustic guitar with say a K&K pure mini use this algorithm

Dear Eventide – if you need help with these algorithms, I’m your man.

UnFissed in Utica

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi-

The plug-in should be available in 4-6 weeks, we are shooting for the end of February.

Unfortunately the plug-in has a delay of about 50ms, so it isn't practical for real time performances. Though, we are continuing to improve the speed of the split.

While we don't have algorithms for different pickups, we have a Source Type selection which optimizes the algorithm for different instrument sources.

-Tom

VmusicV

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the info. Would you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE….. take this back to the product folks – propose two modes for the software –

• one is a learning/setting mode where you play with pre-recorded input sounds and adjusts your settings – and save them as presets
      • two is a mode where the software pretty much blindly applies the settings or presets to an incoming live signal

In my humble opinion, with all of the synths and virtual sound mixers, etc. out there, I don’t see people really using this in a studio setting to create some kewl new sound. The value is in live use and unless the delay is under 20ms, it’s not of much value for live use.

Thanks

Alex

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        VmusicV wrote:

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the info. Would you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE….. take this back to the product folks – propose two modes for the software –

• one is a learning/setting mode where you play with pre-recorded input sounds and adjusts your settings – and save them as presets
        • two is a mode where the software pretty much blindly applies the settings or presets to an incoming live signal

In my humble opinion, with all of the synths and virtual sound mixers, etc. out there, I don't see people really using this in a studio setting to create some kewl new sound. The value is in live use and unless the delay is under 20ms, it's not of much value for live use.

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex-

You're talking to one of the product folks 🙂

It sounds like the first mode you are describing is an "auto-learn" type feature, is that correct? Mode two is currently how the plug-in operates, with tunings for various source instruments.

I agree that this would be very cool for live use, but at the moment technical restrictions keep us from getting below 20ms. The ultimate goal is to get it to the point where live performance is possible, but I can't promise this will happen.

Anyways, we appreciate the feedback and will keep it in mind!

-Tom

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.