- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount What is H8000FW’s Sysex DeviceID? Reply To: What is H8000FW’s Sysex DeviceID?

nickrose
Eventide Staff
Analog Dessert wrote:

Do you happen to know what KEY_UPDATE, KEY_UNIT, KEY_KILL, or KEY_KILL_HOLD can be used for?

KEY_UPDATE – this is the '2' key that is used at startup to go into update mode

KEY_UNIT – this is used by eve/net

KEY_KILL – this is the bypass key

KEY_KILL_HOLD – this is pressing and holding the bypass key (see below).

Analog Dessert wrote:

I'm at the point where Id like to sync the H8000 Screen with a Bitmap on the App/VST, but every time I make the SYSEXC_SCREEN_WANT call, the H8000 displays a "Sent 3000 Bytes, etc." message.   Is there a way to supress that message, or is there a better way / do you have any pointers on how I should go about doing somewhat real time screen syncronization, or do you think this aspect will always be a little bit choppy?

This is what it is, I'm afraid.

Analog Dessert wrote:

The manual says "At the end is two nibbles the form a 1 byte checksum.  This byte added to all the bytes including the size bytes should equal zero"  This is a little confusing, can you reword / explain a little bit better the bold part?

This is for error detection – a sum total is kept of all the bytes sent for a message, then a byte is sent which is zero minus the sum, so that when all the bytes (including this check sum) are added together, the result is zero.