Home › Forums › Products › Stompboxes › H9 Hotswitch, Freeze, Fast/Slow etc……….. › Reply To: H9 Hotswitch, Freeze, Fast/Slow etc………..
Ok. I figured but maybe you can suggest a workaround.
- H9 into an expression pedal & single aux switch using the 2a method here on Eventide’s site.
- Aux button is mapped to hotswitch
- I use the right-button to navigate through my presets and push down on the wheel to change the direction of preset navigation (e.g. I hit the right-button to go up a preset, push wheel, and then hit the right-button again to go down presets)
- I also have an unused 3-button aux switch that I stopped using after I bought the VP jr to be used as an expression pedal.
- Currently the H9 is the only MIDI capable pedal I own
Goal: I’d like to be able to navigate my presets AND be able to change tap tempo on the fly without having to hold down on the right H9 button every time I need to change either.
When I was using the 3-button aux switch I kept the H9 in tap tempo mode and programmed the 3 buttons to Decrement Preset, Increment Preset, and Performance Switch and used the left H9 button to activate the preset. And this worked perfectly until I needed to add an expression pedal.
My guess is that if I want to keep the expression pedal & single aux switch mapped to Performance Switch then I will need to add some sort of MIDI controller to my board, but I know nothing about MIDI and reading about it makes me even more confused. Below are my main questions & ideas. Please help if you can I’m so lost.
- I don’t think I need anything too complex. Honestly if there was a 3-button MIDI controller that worked just like my 3-button aux switch that would be great for me.
- I was looking at the MIDI Mouse (see Eventide forum post here) but I am not sure if it works. When I press the up or down buttons on the MIDI Mouse I’d like to be able to see the preset names on the H9 (e.g. if it says 1 on the MIDI Mouse and I move it to 2 the H9 should display whatever the #2 preset is on my list without activating and I should be able to activate it by pressing the left H9 button or activate button on the MIDI… actually it also would be nice to simply navigate the presets using MIDI up/down + actiavate preset with the left H9 button + map the “activate” button on the MIDI Mouse to Toggle Tuner if I’ll be activating the preset via H9 anyway), but after reading through the forum post it seems like that’s not possible. The user said the preset names stopped getting displayed for some reason and the issue didn’t seem to get resolved.
- If the MIDI Mouse isn’t a good option is there anything else that you’d recommend?
Thanks so much!