- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Effect like TC Mimiq Reply To: H9 Effect like TC Mimiq

brock
Participant

I hope that you caught my typos above (under the 3rd image).  It’s corrected below:

brock wrote:
.  … As the expression pedal travels towards TOE position, PITCH AMT adds more voices, DELAY B & DELAY C are increased, and detuning is inverted between PITCH B and PITCH C ….

In the ARP LEVEL mode, PITCH B and PITCH C will always run through DELAY B and DELAY C.  It’s another method for mixing between voices.  Dry + PITCH A at Arp Wet 0, and PITCH B + PITCH C at Arp Wet 99.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/khjrod3nvdplyuh/Mimic%20Mixed%20Pair.h9z?raw=1 

PITCH AMT stays static at 3.0 Voices, and the mixing of voice pairs takes place under ARP LEVEL.

Expression pedal HEEL is the default preset position.  Lighter doubling of dry + PITCH A.

At the TOE position, ARP LEVEL is a 50:50 mix of dry + PITCH A, with PITCH B + PITCH C on the ‘wet’ side.

For the HOTSWITCH = ON feature here, I added a switch-over to Group Wet 50 – DELAY LEVEL.  Dry / overdrive + PITCH A + PITCH B + PITCH C at Group Wet 0, and everything goes through the delay lines at Group Wet 99.  Note that the delay labels have now changed to DELAY 1 and DELAY 2 (now under DELAY LEVEL).

It’s a lot thicker sound – by design – but you lose the timing differences & separation between voices.  Any movement by the expression pedal will override the HOTSWITCH.  Everything shifts back to Arp WetARP LEVEL voice mixing, and DELAY BDELAY C processing, until the next HOTSWITCH = ON trigger.