- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes HP Midi clarification, suggestions, and questions. Reply To: HP Midi clarification, suggestions, and questions.

camn
Participant
I too would love more Midi documentation! I am sometimes running into stuff that isn’t mapped.. but is doing things randomly!

That said- some answers:

2. The performance switch expects 2 values.. I use a 127 when you press and a 0 when you release the switch. 

On arturia devices this is known as “GATE” mode.. on Disaster area devices as “MOMENTARY” mode. “Toggle” modes or single-value messages will work fine for SOME algos, but not others. 

1. I use this ‘Momentary’ setup for all my non-rotary CC controls…I havent run into any trouble, although I cannot say with 100% confidence it is true in all cases. .. or that a “One-Shot” CC message of 127 wouldn’t ALSO work. Except for the Performance Switch- that is 100% as written above.

Wait- I use a 1-shot mode on Increment and Decrement. Just a single 127. So that can work for those.. and probably other stuff too.

3. I dont know. If I had to guess- ‘Activate” would activate regardless of the preset’s state….and the other would toggle? But I haven’t checked and I don’t know.