- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Granular ? Reply To: H9 Granular ?

Korhan Erel
Participant

A granular effect as well as some spectral processing on the H9 would indeed be amazing. I think it has more than the required processing to achieve both. 10 parameters are also more than enough for detail control of both granulation and spectral processing. 

Even though I have not seen a single experimental electronics setup without at least one H9 in the past 2-3 years (I have two), Eventide still chooses to market this product only to guitar players. I wonder why that is so. I would also love to see a harmonizer for the human voice, for example. Eventide has the Mixing Link that is primarily for vocalists, but has no harmonizer algorithm that works properly with the human voice…

So Eventide, please stop catering only to guitar players and give us some other effects like granulation, spectral processing and voice harmonizers (guitar players would use these effects too)

On the other hand, I am very very happy with the Red Panda Particle. It’s not a cheap pedal, but does the job and gives you a lot of sound mangling power. This is also a pedal I have seen in every single experimental music setup.