- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Help – Trying to mimic a step-filter flanging effect Reply To: Help – Trying to mimic a step-filter flanging effect

brock
Participant
dneilsen wrote:
… I have tried a bunch of options but cannot seem to get something that will work.

Harpeggiator does not work at all because it grabs on to the highlight notes in the riffs as well as the root note so it goes all over the place.

Other algorithms I have tried without success are Q-Wah, Resonator, Mod Delay, Mod Echo Verb but I am a very new H9 user so I am jsut kinda feeling my way here …

You might want to check out the Octaver (for the sound itself; not the entire process).  It’s your best option for control over cutoff & deep resonance, + optional fuzz, but 1 & 2 octaves down from unison.  I’ve posted some step options here in the past.  They won’t get you exactly there, but might open up some routes to explore.

dneilsen wrote:
… My setup has my H9 being midi controlled from a Boss ES-5 but no other modulation pedals on my board.

(I mention this as there maybe some way to do something with automated midi CC events to control the H9 from the Boss-ES5?) …

I don’t know the ES-5, but you’ll need automated LFO-type control with either MIDI CCs, or an ‘automated’ expression pedal.  Something like a Lexicon MPX-1 can provide the first option, and an EHX 8 Step Program or Source Audio Reflex can provide the 2nd.  There are others (including keyboard options), but these are the ones that I use most often.  I’m going to say that any of them can reconstruct that sound sequence exactly.

If you don’t mind manually pumping an expression pedal (very smoothly), that could be one cheap way out.