- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Select Algorithm via MIDI Reply To: Select Algorithm via MIDI

jarvss
brock wrote:

I just stumbled upon this one yesterday (right under my very nose).  I didn’t get a chance to explore it, but it had me thinking there might be a Sysex equivalent.  [H9 Support -> FAQ -> General]

General F.A.Q. wrote:
Q:  Is there a way to see the parameters of every knob in a saved preset?  

A:  Yes.  You can see them in the H9 Control app.  From the H9 itself, press and hold the X, Y, or Z button.  Then pressing the big knob will reveal the saved value of that parameter.

It could be a convoluted process, though, I suspect.  Hold X / Y / Z; virtual Big Knob press; increment value … Something to look into.  There has to be an easier way to extract all of the saved positions in a preset.

Hi thanks for taking the time to reply. 

I use this all of the time already but sadly this is exactly what I’m trying to get away from. My ideal is not having to press several buttons on the H9 and also not having to use my iPad. The MIDI controller I have built looks identical to a Factor pedal, 10 knobs, 3 footswitches and a screen. It was a bit of an experiment to see what is possible but it’s currently one way traffic though with the MIDI controller having no idea what the state of the H9 is at start-up. All that I can do is send a CC patch message to the H9 without any knowledge of what the algorithm is or what the current value of each of the 10 knobs are for that patch. It would seem this is not possible apart from with H9 Control App.