… the effect kind of seems to fade in when switching instead of a “hard” effect switch … What I noticed is that the effect drops out completely and then there’s kind of like a volume swell where the fuzz effect comes in … Any ideas what could be the problem?
I’ll take a stab at this one. Assuming that you’re switching between supplied Factory Presets, there are large variations in Output Level, from preset to preset. Around 18-20 dB (I believe), in some cases.
PitchFuzz does not have the separate Compressor / Sustainer controls of the Sculpt / CrushStation algorithms, but it is from the same family lineage. Program-dependent compression:
- Figure out the exact Output Level that works best for your own setup.
- Use H9 Control’s input and output meters (+ H9 Overload LED) for a strong, clean average signal thru.
- Dial in that new Output Level in a few Factory Presets.
- Rename & save them as User Presets.
- Try switching between the new User Presets.
You may still have to adjust the individual User Presets’ Output Levels a few dB, either way. But that should give you a good idea of the “auto-level” compression action at various FUZZ parameter values.