- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchflex alg is glitchy Reply To: Pitchflex alg is glitchy

wedelich
Eventide Staff
boynigel wrote:

i found the problem (by accident)!  it only happens when it is synced with the H9 Control app via my ipad.  Today when i powered up my amp and H9, i went to the Pitch Flex alg and i noticed that the pitch wasn't glitching as i worked my (Ernie Ball VP Jr.) expression pedal.  However, for some reason the pitch wasn't going up the full octave even though my exp pedal was in full toe-down position.  At this point i decided to open H9 Control so i could fix this new issue, but when i opened the app, BAM- the glitching was back.  mystery solved!  would be nice if there's a fix for this, but not a huge issue as i don't run H9 Control when i play live.

Huh, what generation iPad/iPhone do you use? The expression / hotknob signal is obviously being slowed down b/c of the communication back and forth with H9 Control. Is it still slow/glitchy if H9 Control is open but it's not on the preset page where it animates the ribbon as the expression pedal moves? We'll check here, I also wonder if faster/newer iOS devices improve this.