- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Sculpt and Wah Reply To: H9 Sculpt and Wah

brock
Participant
Mikiway wrote:

Wait, my first post on this forum got a reply from… Brock? Like… Zach Brock? Awesome!

I can’t take that kind of credit.  Just another Eventide user, on one of the few forums I frequent.  Tom Brockway.  As far back as I can remember, I’ve always been called some variation on “brock”.

So you have a Max.  Good; it’s the most cost-effective approach, in the long run.  Plus you have the true power & choices (present & future) of an H9 at your disposal.  You’ll find that sometimes, there are 3,4,5 different ways to ‘skin a cat’.  Each of those algorithms may add a unique advantage or three to whatever sound design / effect you’re programming.  And sometimes, you uncover a ‘happy accident’.

Mikiway wrote:
… One of the things I’m trying to achieve in the present case would be some kind of distorted Steve Vai-ish sound. The expression pedal would be used as I used the Bad Horsie 2 Wah pedal, but with more control over the course from heel to toe, since the Bad Horsie did some dramatically changes in the output volume …

I’m at a bit of a disadvantage right now, because I’m completely packed up, and between studio spaces.  So I can’t really voice a Bad Horsie 2 emulation at the moment.  But it did remind me of a Systech Overdrive / Triskelion preset from a few years back, using CrushStation.  I’m thinking it’s going to be a little over-the-top for your application here, but it could be a starting point that you can tame down a little.

Source Post w/ Short Description:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/comment/26662#comment-26662