- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000–Does TF Looper work re. start/stop via external midi time code? Reply To: H9000–Does TF Looper work re. start/stop via external midi time code?

wedelich
Eventide Staff
brysava wrote:

While waiting on the update so I can resume getting scenes setup, I took a look at the TF looper in the H9k. Unlike on the actual TF stomp box, I can't see how to get the looper in the H9k to slave to external midi clock for start/stop. Should that be working on this unit?

I am using the TF stomp box to send tap tempo into the H9k via midi clock and that is working very well and with good accuracy, unlike when using a regular footswitch into the unit, which gives me a lot of inaccuracy.

This should work out just fine by design, provided the H9000 is actually receiving MIDI Start and Stop.  My first thought as to why this isn't working is that the factor pedals / H9 don't actually send out the MIDI Start and Stop commands. To the best of my knowledge they only receive MIDI Start and Stop.  MIDI over USB and DAW or a drum machine should send MIDI Start and Stop.  Maybe try something like that to rule out any H9000 bug.