- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Tough Time with Scenes Reply To: Tough Time with Scenes

brysava
Participant
jfirlik wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply!

Its not immediately clear to me what the problem could be, but I have a few questions that may help troubleshoot:

When you say you name the FX chain, are you saving it as an FX chain preset, or just setting the name of the FX chain container in the FX chains mode view (using the Rename soft key)?  The latter won’t be recalled as part of a Scene change, only the preset name will, so this may be causing some confusion. I’m saving it as an FX Chain Preset. (resaving it with the changes I want. I name it the same name as the applicable tune). I use the same basic FX Chain preset for each tune, but just make changes in its delay times and change the name to the applicable tune. And do a scene capture for each newly changed and newly named FX Chain preset.

When you say you ‘name the scene as a midi map’, this sounds like you may actually be creating a new map, instead of just adding a Scene to the current map?  In most cases, you will only need to have a single map in the left-hand column, with all your program changes contained in the right-hand column.  Is this the case? No, I am naming the midi map the name of the tune, and making a separate midi map for each tune.  “When focused on the left side of the screen, press the Create Map button to create a MIDI map of a new scene. You will be prompted to name the scene, at which point it will be added to the list of created scenes on the left.” This is what made me think a different midi map (and its name) was needed. Do you think that’s the main problem?

When your Scene map won’t respond to program change messages, is it shown as being active in the Scenes mode? Not right now, but this AM everything looked right and was working right. If I reload the session from the usb stick, which I just did again, things sound right at first but when I go back to a previous tune and try to load it, the scene doesn’t always load or it appears to load, but stays on the previous FX chain. The green light is on the correct scene, but its not sounding the correct scene. The left-hand column should show a green light next to the map name, and the right hand column should show a green light next to the currently selected Scene.  When you issue a program change, the right-hand column will advance to the next Scene with a yellow light, and then a green light once the Scene is fully loaded.  You can use the Load soft key on the right-hand column to manually load a Scene, to rule out any possible issues with your MIDI controller. I just tried that and sometimes it loads correctly, and sometimes it is just staying with the one before it–similar to how its responding, or not responding, when sent from the Midi controller. Its the same midi controller set up that always worked easily and well with my H8000 and H7600 though, so I’ve ruled that out as the problem.

Thanks!

Bryan