- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins EQuivocate for Focusrite Reply To: EQuivocate for Focusrite

dongissel
Participant
DGillespie wrote:

dongissel wrote:

I can extract the Windows installer (1.5.2) just fine, but when I try to run it, I’m getting an error from Windows Smart Screen (Win 10, fully updated) about the installer being “unrecognized”. If I had to guess, I’d say it was missing a signature or certificate. Any ideas? I’m not clicking “Allow anyway” here.

Hi Dongissel,

Unfortunately, the Windows installers aren’t signed, so you will see that smart screen warning when you install and you’ll have to click “allow anyway” to get through it.  We’ve started looking into how we can begin to sign Windows installer, but, we don’t know anything about it, so it’s not going to happen overnight.  You’re right, though, that we should be doing it and we’re trying to figure out how best to.

Thanks for writing,

Dan

Hi Dan,

yeah, I finally figured out it wasn’t a fluke when I tried installing my newly purchased UltraReverb and UltraChannel and got the same result. I figured either your entire pipeline had been taken over by evil chinese hackers (it’s always China, isn’t it?), or it was systematic for your installers in general, so I took the chance and allowed it. So far my computer hasn’t been blown up or taken over for bitcoin-mining, as far as I know, so I reckon I’m safe for now. But you really should look into this… this is my first experience with Eventide after having been a long-time TC Electronic user with the now dead PowerCore-platform, and this wasn’t the best first impression you could’ve made. 😉 I know how these things work, though, so don’t worry, I’m not leaving in a hurry.

/A.