EQuivocate for Focusrite

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins EQuivocate for Focusrite

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

I cannot for the life of me register this plugin.  Every time I try, it tells me that the serial number is invalid.  Anyone else having a problem?  Thanks in advance!

jgoldbach
      Participant

Hi There,

We have had some reports of registration problems, but have been unable to reproduce the problem. Please send your username (anthonylavoie) along with your iLok account, plug-in serial number and key to support@eventide.com and we'll make sure we get you registered.

Did you happen to copy and paste the registration information? If so, please try entering the information manually and see if that helps.

My apologies for your inconvenience. 

Hey, thanks for the quick response!  Turns out its not your fault, Im just a dingus!  I got it up and running and am having fun.  Thanks again!

DGillespie
        Eventide Staff
        anthonylavoie wrote:

Hey, thanks for the quick response!  Turns out its not your fault, Im just a dingus!  I got it up and running and am having fun.  Thanks again!

Glad to hear you got it working!

jgoldbach
      Participant

Hope you enjoy!

manhippo

Hi there,

I got the registration to work, but the installer appears to be corrupt. I’ve downloaded it a bunch of times, and both windows and winrar can’t seem to open the zip file (or rather they open it, complain it’s corrucpt, then shut it down). Any thoughts? Is this a known issue or just me?

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        manhippo wrote:

Hi there,

I got the registration to work, but the installer appears to be corrupt. I've downloaded it a bunch of times, and both windows and winrar can't seem to open the zip file (or rather they open it, complain it's corrucpt, then shut it down). Any thoughts? Is this a known issue or just me?

Hi, what versions of Windows are you on? We're not having any issues unzipping on Win10 here.

DGillespie
        Eventide Staff
        manhippo wrote:

Hi there,

I got the registration to work, but the installer appears to be corrupt. I've downloaded it a bunch of times, and both windows and winrar can't seem to open the zip file (or rather they open it, complain it's corrucpt, then shut it down). Any thoughts? Is this a known issue or just me?

Hi manhippo,

We're not having any problems here at all.  Can you give us the actual error message you're seeing?

Thanks,

Dan

dongissel
      Participant

I can extract the Windows installer (1.5.2) just fine, but when I try to run it, I’m getting an error from Windows Smart Screen (Win 10, fully updated) about the installer being “unrecognized”. If I had to guess, I’d say it was missing a signature or certificate. Any ideas? I’m not clicking “Allow anyway” here.

DGillespie
        Eventide Staff
        dongissel wrote:

I can extract the Windows installer (1.5.2) just fine, but when I try to run it, I'm getting an error from Windows Smart Screen (Win 10, fully updated) about the installer being "unrecognized". If I had to guess, I'd say it was missing a signature or certificate. Any ideas? I'm not clicking "Allow anyway" here.

Hi Dongissel,

Unfortunately, the Windows installers aren't signed, so you will see that smart screen warning when you install and you'll have to click "allow anyway" to get through it.  We've started looking into how we can begin to sign Windows installer, but, we don't know anything about it, so it's not going to happen overnight.  You're right, though, that we should be doing it and we're trying to figure out how best to.

Thanks for writing,

Dan

dongissel
        Participant
        DGillespie wrote:

dongissel wrote:

I can extract the Windows installer (1.5.2) just fine, but when I try to run it, I’m getting an error from Windows Smart Screen (Win 10, fully updated) about the installer being “unrecognized”. If I had to guess, I’d say it was missing a signature or certificate. Any ideas? I’m not clicking “Allow anyway” here.

Hi Dongissel,

Unfortunately, the Windows installers aren’t signed, so you will see that smart screen warning when you install and you’ll have to click “allow anyway” to get through it.  We’ve started looking into how we can begin to sign Windows installer, but, we don’t know anything about it, so it’s not going to happen overnight.  You’re right, though, that we should be doing it and we’re trying to figure out how best to.

Thanks for writing,

Dan

Hi Dan,

yeah, I finally figured out it wasn’t a fluke when I tried installing my newly purchased UltraReverb and UltraChannel and got the same result. I figured either your entire pipeline had been taken over by evil chinese hackers (it’s always China, isn’t it?), or it was systematic for your installers in general, so I took the chance and allowed it. So far my computer hasn’t been blown up or taken over for bitcoin-mining, as far as I know, so I reckon I’m safe for now. But you really should look into this… this is my first experience with Eventide after having been a long-time TC Electronic user with the now dead PowerCore-platform, and this wasn’t the best first impression you could’ve made. 😉 I know how these things work, though, so don’t worry, I’m not leaving in a hurry.

/A.

innosensius

Ive already done all of that above but it just wont show up at my pro tools live pls help

nsanchez
        Eventide Staff
        innosensius wrote:
        Ive already done all of that above but it just wont show up at my pro tools live pls help

Pro Tools Live uses AAX DSP. EQuivocate is compatible with AAX Native. 

juan gomez
      anthonylavoie wrote:

I cannot for the life of me register this plugin.  Every time I try, it tells me that the serial number is invalid.  Anyone else having a problem?  Thanks in advance!

juan gomez
      anthonylavoie wrote:

DGillespie
        Eventide Staff
        juan gomez wrote:

anthonylavoie wrote:

Is this to imply you're having the same problem?  If so, can you send your serial number and license key to support@eventide.com?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.