- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 with Disaster area DMC4 as a midi controller… how to set up expression control? Reply To: H9 with Disaster area DMC4 as a midi controller… how to set up expression control?

bohan
Eventide Staff
jaredrodgers wrote:

Greetings… Im using th DMC4 to control my board and Im trying to figure how to set it up with my H9. I had it once before but I cant remember how I did it. Id like to set the DMC's expression roller to act like expression pedal for the H9. Is is a cc message assignment?   Its Connected via midi cable. I already have the DMC changing presets on the H9.

If you are using an expression pedal, maybe it's easier to just connect it to your H9.

However, if you want to use MIDI CC to transmit the expression, first you need to know/set the output MIDI CC of the DMC4. For example, If you set the expression to CC 100 on your DMC4, then you need to map MIDI CC 100 to expression pedal function on your H9. You can do this fairly easily in H9 Control by going to Pedal Settings -> MIDI Settings -> Assign MIDI CC messages -> Set expression pedal -> MIDI CC 100 (see attached file)