H9 with Disaster area DMC4 as a midi controller… how to set up expression control?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 with Disaster area DMC4 as a midi controller… how to set up expression control?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jaredrodgers
      Participant

Greetings… Im using th DMC4 to control my board and Im trying to figure how to set it up with my H9. I had it once before but I cant remember how I did it. Id like to set the DMC’s expression roller to act like expression pedal for the H9. Is is a cc message assignment?   Its Connected via midi cable. I already have the DMC changing presets on the H9.

thanks!

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      jaredrodgers wrote:

Greetings… Im using th DMC4 to control my board and Im trying to figure how to set it up with my H9. I had it once before but I cant remember how I did it. Id like to set the DMC's expression roller to act like expression pedal for the H9. Is is a cc message assignment?   Its Connected via midi cable. I already have the DMC changing presets on the H9.

If you are using an expression pedal, maybe it's easier to just connect it to your H9.

However, if you want to use MIDI CC to transmit the expression, first you need to know/set the output MIDI CC of the DMC4. For example, If you set the expression to CC 100 on your DMC4, then you need to map MIDI CC 100 to expression pedal function on your H9. You can do this fairly easily in H9 Control by going to Pedal Settings -> MIDI Settings -> Assign MIDI CC messages -> Set expression pedal -> MIDI CC 100 (see attached file)

camn
      Participant

Did you work this out Jared?

You didnt mention the generation of your DMC- but in the Gen3 you need to setup the “R CH” setting on your DMC to whatever channel your H9 is on.

Then you need to Set the H9’s Expression Pedal Value to CC 48.

It should work after that. Holla if it doesn’t.

Bohan-  The DMC has a roller on the side of the device as a factory option, which is what he was refferring to. It can obviously only send MIDI, and cannot be plugged into the H9 independently.  Also the Disater Area line in general is pretty inflexible about what MIDI messages it sends. But their docs are pretty clear about the setup required on the H9. Obviously this is Disaster-Area stuff, and not H9 stuff.. so there is no reason you would know it… but file it away in your brain if you want?

Also FOR EVERYONE:

DIsater Area Designs Gen3 DMC3XL and DMC4 pedals call for the following settings on the H9:

Tap Tempo to MIDI CC 44

Performance Switch to MIDI CC 46 

Toggle Tuner to MIDI CC 69

Activate to MIDI CC 42

Set Expression Pedal Value to CC 48

MIDI Receive Channel to 1, 2, 3, or 4 for device A, B, C, D 

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        camn wrote:

FOR EVERYONE:

DIsater Area Designs Gen3 DMC3XL and DMC4 pedals call for the following settings on the H9:

Tap Tempo to MIDI CC 44

Performance Switch to MIDI CC 46 

Toggle Tuner to MIDI CC 69

Activate to MIDI CC 42

Set Expression Pedal Value to CC 48

MIDI Receive Channel to 1, 2, 3, or 4 for device A, B, C, D 

Thank you, Cameron. This is very helpful.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.