- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TimeFactor delay time “slew/drag” Reply To: TimeFactor delay time “slew/drag”

gonebydawn
bohan wrote:

gonebydawn wrote:

I hate to keep bumping this thread but I’m still looking for an answer. It’d be nice if you were able to modulate delay times with an external LFO without the repeats always “bending/catching up” as if a knob was turned. It’d be even better if you could control the rate of it too but a simple on/off function would be wonderful. Either I’m an idiot and can’t seem to find the parameter for this or nobody else is interested in such a function, which is surprising. Really hoping it’s the former.

Hi, the “bending/catching up” is part of the feedback loop. If you kill it, you would also lose previous delayed signal. If you don’t want that effect, please use the Digital Delay algorithm. 

Hey, thanks for the reply. I still want the relative pitch changes that come with altering speed. That’s why the digital delay algorithm doesn’t work for my needs. If I’m modulating the time with a square wave I feel as if there shouldn’t be a swept bend in pitch as if I had gradually changed values. A jump from 350ms to 700ms shouldn’t include everything in between. There are some notable vintage digital delay units and even quite a few modern delays using BBDs that allow for this.