- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Hotswitch/Performance Switch via MIDI (acting inconsistent?) Reply To: H9 Hotswitch/Performance Switch via MIDI (acting inconsistent?)

bohan
Eventide Staff
mjahoger wrote:
OK. So I was able to profram my MIDI controller to send both value 0 and 127 so the hotswitch does get toggled for the ModFactor and Space algorithms. However, the PitchFactor hotswitch seems to be a temporary switch, so it seems I can’t control the middle button of the PitchFactor algorithms. Am I correct?

So the Hotswitch/Performance switch will work identically across Space, TF, PF, and MF algorithms, with the same CC message value (between 64-127) toggling between on/off?

Yes and no. You can assign the same CC to control the Hotswitch/Performance switch. However, they work differently based on the currently loaded algorithm.

OK. So I was able to profram my MIDI controller to send both value 0 and 127 so the hotswitch does get toggled for the ModFactor and Space algorithms. However, the PitchFactor hotswitch seems to be a temporary switch, so it seems I can’t control the middle button of the PitchFactor algorithms. Am I correct?

You can control the PitchFactor Hotswitch. The way the performance/middle switch on the PitchFacor works is that when you press and hold it, the FLEX is on. When you release it, it turns off. So it is momentary but you can still control it using static CC values.

How the performance/middle switch works in different algorithms:

TF: value 127 toggles between REPEAT on/off

MF: value 127 brakes the modulation, fast switching between 127 and 0 toggles FAST/SLOW modulation

PF: value 127 triggers FLEX on and value 0 triggers FLEX off

SPACE/H9 algorithms: value 127 triggers HOTSWITCH on and value 0 triggers HOTSWITCH off