September 4, 2019 at 2:34 pm #152676
Hm, okay. Can you try these steps and let me know the result?
- Confirm that you have the latest version of the plug-in installed: https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/plugins
- Confirm that you have the latest version of iLok License Manager installed (www.ilok.com).
- Make sure the plug-in license is activated to your machine or iLok dongle in the iLok License Manager.
- Close your DAW and run the plug-in Uninstaller. The uninstaller is located at Start Menu->Control Panel->Programs and Features->Uninstall a Program
- Open your DAW and rescan you plug-ins, and then shut your DAW again.
- Deactivate and reactivate the plug-in license in iLok License Manager.
- Reinstall your plug-in. If you are installing VST2 to a custom folder, make absolutely sure you are installing the correct 32 or 64-bit version to that folder.
- Reopen your DAW and rescan your plug-ins.