- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Delay BPM question and H9 control screen question Reply To: Delay BPM question and H9 control screen question

Bodde
Participant
Fender17 wrote:
Bodde wrote:

bohan wrote:

1) I believe if you type in H9 Control or use a MIDI clock, you can set H9’s tempo to halves. However, H9’s display and the H9 Contorl will on show an integer.

1) But if it doesn’t get displayed in H9 control center how do I know if it is set correctly when I type 129.5 for example and it only displays 129?

Well, it is tricky. But you may set BPM 1.0 and 1.9 and compare the result. With 1.9 the things should be aproximately half time than with 1. Or maybe, if you export the patch to text file, there should be the BPM value with decimals. If not, SW truncates inserted value to the whole number. I understand why Eventide displays whole BPM on both, H9 and SW. It avoids user’s confusion. It might be fine, for those, who use fractional BPM, to be able to set SW to show also decimals. They would know H9 shows whole numbers, while SW also decimals…

That doesn’t seem practical at all to me. Why not just have the halves displayed on H9 control? I understand why it can’t be displayed on the unit itself. But the way it is now it is useless to use halves if they can’t be displayed. You never know for sure if what you have typred is actually set correctly.

About the screen: I have tried to make it smaller by dragging the corners in the top. The dragging works but It doesn’t make the bottom of the screen visible however. I still cannot see or reach the bottom of the screen which makes the default screen useless because you can not do much on the screen if you don’t have to bottom. I would like to hear from Eventide why they made is so unpractical? And why they changed it? I think it was not like this before.