- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Wish List Reply To: H9 Wish List

entreat69
Participant
Duncan59 wrote:

entreat69 wrote:

Duncan59 wrote:
Hi! I am not technically minded. Many of the H9 presets are far too complex for my tiny brain, and I feel I am tweaking controls randomly. I hate the time-suck and high rate of failure I routinely experience in trying to create workable presets. I would like two things: 1. A slooow phase preset with a basic cycle that takes about 8-10 seconds to get back to the top (or bottom) of the loop. Call it “slow vintage phase.” Find my creation of it with a Line-6 M9 here: https://keyparty-sb.bandcamp.com/track/diamond-eyes 2. Little cursor triggered hover-over pop-up captions for the app that explain the controls in descriptive guitar-player terms, e.g. “increases or decreases the rate of the effect” or “modifies the effect from softly shifting waves of attack to blunt, dramatic strikes.” Meanwhile, what us musical, non geeky consumers have to wade through is a bunch of oblique technical terms that read like laws the laws of physics! These describe nothing by way of practical functionality, so I can’t adjust the preset to resemble what I am hearing in my head. It’s awful, makes me feel stupid and does not result in the sonic beauty I know it could help me create. Do I have to go back to my shitty, but intuitive Line 6 M9? Heaven help us! Duncan, Les Paul / Vox AC player, effects lover.

Hi Duncan 59, maybe i can help. Nice track btw 🙂

Is yours the H9 Max or?

RA

Hi again RA / Entreat 69! You said you can help? Please do share, I am keen to get this slow phase/flange effect dialed in for my shows. (I play that song that I shared and I currently have a very poor phase in my H9 that does not deliver). THANK YOU!

Duncan

Hi Duncan sorry for the late reply, been busy with crazy datelines.

I heard your track again and it does sound more like a Flanger than a Phaser effect following a Fuzz. I will upload the presets for you to try and feel free to make slight adjustments to come closer to what suits your ears. I’ve also included a tap tempo and the phase/flange sweep across 2 to 3 bars. Feel free to adjust those parameters too. I’ll provide the link in my next post after I update my H9 Max firmware. Cheers

Randolf