- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount why does the h9000 have two primary ports and two secondary ports? Reply To: why does the h9000 have two primary ports and two secondary ports?

jbamberg
Eventide Staff
plikestechno wrote:
because it kinda tripped me up when i was setting up dante and my dante card tonight for a couple of hours. i thought both primary ports had to be plugged from the h9000 into my two ports on my switch to get 32 channels in and out at 96k. But when both primary ports are plugged into the same gigabit switch at the same time nothing wants to lock up and work in the dante controller app. as soon as i only have the first primary plug going from the h9000 dante card to one port on the switch it works fine. so just wondering why there are two primary ports and two secondary ports on your dante card when other cards by other manufacturers seem to only have one of each. because i thought it was everything else that was wrong but that until the end.

Each pair of ports (primary and secondary) is connected to an internal network switch.  This gives you the flexibility to daisy-chain other Dante equipment to the H9000, which can eliminate the need for a separate switch in your rack, or the need to run multiple cables back to your main switch.  Perhaps we need to make this clearer in the documentation.