- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Can I plug H9000 on this DAC? Reply To: Can I plug H9000 on this DAC?

techno
jbamberg wrote:

techno wrote:

Im running Windows 10. So what do I need that is similar to UR24C? I was told I didn’t even need it because the h9000 is a DAC it inself and I could just plug it with USB on the PC and then plug the Magni 3 there on the h9000 or something

Yes, the H9000 is a DAC in itself and the analog performance is very good.  However, it doesn’t (yet) have gain control over the analog IO, so you would need to plug it into a mixer or something else with analog gain controls.  We are going to add internal gain controls in a future update to make it more easy to use as an audio interface.

You could connect two of the analog outputs to the Magni 3 and two of them to your monitors via a monitor controller that would allow you to adjust the volume.  Note that the H9000 outputs are balanced.  You would need to make sure to get the right cables.

Trying to understand how the cables would look like and I dont understand this:

“You could connect two of the analog outputs to the Magni 3 and two of them to your monitors via a monitor controller that would allow you to adjust the volume.”

By looking behind the h9000 it has only 2 outputs, XLR analog connectors:

https://tacsystem.jp/products/eventide/h9000

Look second pic.”Analog Out 2 Channels 1″

So, you are saying, that I plug the Magni 3 throught these 2 outputs. The Magni 3 has RCA as inputs, so I would need XLR to RCA cable. Now, the 2 outputs of h9000 are used.

But you say “and two of them”, what are the other two that I can use to connect to the monitor controller? Im trying to understand in my head how the things would look like when all connected to buy the right cables.

Also, do I lose sound quality by using a device that is inbalanced? (Magni 3 has unbalanceds) or this only matters if I need very long cable?