- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000r Sample Rate Mismatch Reply To: H9000r Sample Rate Mismatch

panmorpheo
Participant

Thank you JBAMBER.

I am very happy that you are finally aware of the issue and are working on it.

My setup features an Apogee Big Ben as master clock. The audio interface is an RME Fireface 800 connected to a Mac Pro running High Sierra. My DAW is Logic. I use an Aggregate Device with FIreface 800 + H9000. The Apogee Big Ben has a led in the front panel for each of the 8 BNC word-clock connections which is lit up when the device atttached is properly terminated. The H9000 is not lit up and it shows as not terminated either if you turn on the internal termination from the clock menu of the unit nor if you attach the little physical termination dongle with a T-shaped adapter at the connection to the Big Ben. 

The audio mute problem is only present at 48KHz. When I work at 44.1KHz I just completely boot up the H9000 first and then the computer and everything else and there is no need to do other tricks, it works… Sometimes, even at 44.1KHz, some USB I/O would stop working randomly and unpredictably, but that is usually resolved with rebooting the whole studio.

One thing that I still do not understand is why the H9000 has to be booted up first and then “synced” by the computer (DAW) whereas any other device utilizing word-clock is just flowlessly synced by the master clock, following any S/R change without problems. Does this have anything to do with the termination problem?

Hope you guys can resolve these issues soon because the USB Audio is a great and vital feature of the H9000!