- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Help with CRAZY Preset! Reply To: Help with CRAZY Preset!

brock
Participant

I’m doing this by ear, so I haven’t actually put any of these theories to work yet.  But I want to say you can do much of the same thing in the DynaVerb algorithm.  Less ‘metallic’, but you can get close with fine-tweaking the SIZE & DECAY.  Don’t worry about the reverb fade-in here (that’s in the compression, below).  Just the reverb’s timbre, and that short-ish DECAY time.

The advantages include a lot more control of the overall ‘shape’ of the reverb.  The disadvantages include … a lot more control over the ‘shape’.  The interactive compression controls [ATTACK, RELEASE, THRESHOLD, SIDECHAIN, and, most especially, the unique RATIO from OmniPressor] requires a certain level of familiarity.  Lots of little back ‘n’ forth adjustments.

You can gain some choppy glitchiness with some CW SIDECHAIN levels.  You will lose the random modulation found in BlackHole.   That adds a nice, otherworldly touch.  But you can craft just about any envelope shape over the input that you can dream up; with or without the ‘verb component.